General Chat

AVFCLaura

just layed down a 40 square foot patio in 13 hours .....needless to say its as wonky and unlevel as hell but I dont care !!! :D

Can you come and do mine in the summer?

Just as I'd managed to save the deposit and get the promotion that meant I could afford the £26,500 house in town the prices started going up by about £500 a week - every week.

At £30,000 I thought my chance of having a house had gone. But luckily, the building society explained to me that the silly old fashioned 3+1 times your salaries and 10% deposit didn't really matter any more and they were happy to lend us 'whatever' in the brave new world of early 90's finance. In fact, they could give us 'whatever' plus some more for furnishing the place.

And here we are.

a house in the 90's was £26-30k?!   :o

I've decided that marshmallows are OK.

Looks like we've both had busy weeks.

:lol::thumb: It's nice to get things done alright.

c28ebebdd852682d01edb064c4f7e10e.jpg. Thaaaaaarrrrrr she blows

Looks decent enough to me!

How did you do it out of interest?

What did you have to put under the slabs before you laid them?

We may have to take this to the boring thread :D 

I'm eager to get a patio down in my garden this summer and would do it myself if I had a clue how!

Note to self: Ghost chilli pepper pooing is no fun, don't eat ghost chilli peppers again.

At the risk of prolonging this particular chat more than needs be, I find that it very much depends how the chili was used in the meal. Roughly chopped for some reason seems to be worse afterwards, whereas blitzed/puréed seems to give your digestion a headstart.

Just as I'd managed to save the deposit and get the promotion that meant I could afford the £26,500 house in town the prices started going up by about £500 a week - every week.

At £30,000 I thought my chance of having a house had gone. But luckily, the building society explained to me that the silly old fashioned 3+1 times your salaries and 10% deposit didn't really matter any more and they were happy to lend us 'whatever' in the brave new world of early 90's finance. In fact, they could give us 'whatever' plus some more for furnishing the place.

And here we are.

a house in the 90's was £26-30k?! :o

Dunno about the 90s, but we bought our first house (4 bed Victorian through terrace) in 1984 for £20,000.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â