General Chat

AVFCLaura

That's something that pisses me off that shouldn't actually.  Being invited to a stag do, and it's in the UK.

on a similar sort of theme 

couple of my mates are turning 50  , so lads weekends being arranged

my suggestions - Vegas , Moscow , Beirut

Group conseses / suggestions - Brussels , Hamburg , Copenhagen ... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

would only have been more dull had they suggested Amsterdam

of course it's their weekend and I'll go regardless but the lack of imingaination makes me a bit meh about the whole thing   .. in years to come you want to look back at these landmark events and say "well that was a a bit different"    ... my 40th and crossing the date line and thus turning 40 twice was that a little bit different and will always raise a smile when i think about it (turned 40 in a bar in Auckland , left the  bar at 3am , did the harbour trip at 10:00 , took a flight at 15:00 to Apia and landed there the day before my birthday , so turned 40 again in a bar in downtown Apia   .... actually took a day trip to American Samoa the next morning 9and still my birthday)  so had a beer in 3 countires around 2000 miles distance on the same day :)  )

and Samoa has moved back across the dateline so it can't be done anymore ...

my 50th needs some careful consideration , buggered if I'm going to bloody Brussels

Edited by tonyh29

If it was my stag do and the best man organised it, and it ended up being in Beirut I'd give him a slap.

This. Who the hell has a stag do in Beirut.
Terry Waite
If you can catch it between wars, Beirut is actually a pretty cool place.
  • Like 1

It's £360 all in.

I didn't want it abroad because stag venues abroad are full of words removed.

Would rather drink, play sport and fifa tournament and eat like kings.

There is 11 of us.

Venue has pool, snooker, table tennis and table football. Hot tub and tons of other stuff.

£55 for all food and drink.

If it was my stag do and the best man organised it, and it ended up being in Beirut I'd give him a slap.

why ?

how many westerners have been killed their this year in say relation to Paris or Copenhagen

sure it may sound dangerous because it's always in the news but it really isn't 

Take the other month when my mate and i went to Palestine for the weekend ... we ended up at the West Bank , you know the place that is always on the news as being dangerous , tensions running high etc

It was full of Israeli’s who had come there to do their shopping because it's cheaper than in Jerusalem .. the only dangers were the Palestinian taxi drivers doing their impression of a school mum driving a car

for sure it does kick off on the West Bank from time to time .. but it can kick off anywhere in the world as is evident by watching the news 

It's £360 all in.

There is 11 of us.

Venue has pool, snooker, table tennis and table football. Hot tub and tons of other stuff.

assuming you mean full of other stag do Brits rather than a UKIP style rant against foreigners :)  

that might just mean you are going to the wrong places

yeah Berlin with it's Beer Bikes is rather ghastly ,sadly even Budapest now has them  ..... but places like Krawkow have survived the Stag do Invasion rather well as has Balaton which is still by and lage a Brit free zone and some of the best fun you can ever have in a weekend away with mates

why ?

how many westerners have been killed their this year in say relation to Paris or Copenhagen

Take the other month when my mate and i went to Palestine for the weekend ... we ended up at the West Bank , you know the place that is always on the news as being dangerous , tensions running high etc

It was full of Israeli’s who had come there to do their shopping because it's cheaper than in Jerusalem .. the only dangers were the Palestinian taxi drivers doing their impression of a school mum driving a car

for sure it does kick off on the West Bank from time to time .. but it can kick off anywhere in the world as is evident by watching the news 

Nothing whatsoever to do with it being dangerous. 

Hull isn't dangerous but I wouldn't go there on my stag do.

It's £360 all in.

There is 11 of us.

Sounds decent to me, slightly under what I estimated.

I've been on a few stag dos in the UK and they've all been great.

Not to be too soppy about it, but it really depends on who goes. If it's your stag do and you're going with your mates and you all know what you enjoy then it'll be **** great whether you go to Timbuktu or Birmingham.

Personally I'd be more than happy with the above.

Its ok chaps. I've spoken to Stefan and he's said we can go out on the razz in Lodz and he will put us all up whilst we're out there. Problem solved.

I live in Poland?

why ?

Nothing whatsoever to do with it being dangerous. 

Hull isn't dangerous but I wouldn't go there on my stag do.

then your comment becomes even more puzzling

you might want to google Beirut , you'll be rather pleasantly surprised I think

Ps . Hull is dangerous it's full of northeners who will steal your children and force them to work up chimneys or down a pit 

Edited by tonyh29

I get it. Beirut is really different and perceived to be a bit dangerous but ultimately probably isn't that bad if you actually go there. That's your thing and fair play to you for it.

But it's not for everyone.

Maybe I'd have a great time in Beirut. But you could say that about any city in the world. I might have a great time in Novosibirsk but I'm still not going there on my stag do and I'd be pretty annoyed if my best man chose that as the destination.

Edited by Stevo985

I get it. Beirut is really different and perceived to be a bit dangerous but ultimately probably isn't that bad if you actually go there. That's your thing and fair play to you for it.

But it's not for everyone.

Maybe I'd have a great time in Beirut. But you could say that about any city in the world. I might have a great time in Novosibirsk but I'm still not going there on my stag do and I'd be pretty annoyed if my best man chose that as the destination.

So that's a no to Hull , a no to Beirut and now a no to Novosibirsk

Are you always this picky :)

Anywhere else in the world but those three cities and we're golden ;)

On a serious note, I think i'd have two stag dos, which seems to be quite common these days for people who have their main stag do abroad.

I'd do a weekend away with a few friends. Dunno where, somewhere with a beach and decent nightlife is all I'm really bothered about.

Then I'd have a big night out back in the UK where everyone is invited.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â