General Chat

AVFCLaura

Funny you should say that, we were trying to think of an April fool to play on a girl on my team and my first thought was, 'who can I say has died?'

horror_hood_mask_xlarge.jpeg

how about that timeless classic, the old mask / ladies toilets / flickering light joke!

• Like 2

Hi Guys, wondered if anyone on here has any advice on the following (dangerous request I know!).

My wife has never had a speeding ticket in her life (been driving 14 years) but has just had 2 land on the mat for the same camera just down the road from our house.

On the Friday 37 in a 30, then on the following Monday 39 in a 30.

I'd expect she can probably 'get away' with the speed awareness course for 1 but I was just wondering whether there are any grounds to appeal against the other given that they have both arrived in the post together and she has a previously clean license?

Probably not but would be useful if anyone has any advice on the situation?

pics of the missus please

I think the rule is something like 10% leeway (Bicks will know!), which is why so many people drive at 77 / 78mph

so, without wishing to be too much of a doom monger, 37 & 39 could be more than just a course

2 at the same time is, I believe, just tough

but I'm no expert....

Edited by chrisp65

Yeah, I expecting course for 1 and fine + 3 points for the other but just thought I'd ask the question incase there was some kind case for leniency as they both arrived together and she hadn't had the chance to correct the error of her ways between the 2 relatively minor offences (probably not).

Hi Guys, wondered if anyone on here has any advice on the following (dangerous request I know!).

My wife has never had a speeding ticket in her life (been driving 14 years) but has just had 2 land on the mat for the same camera just down the road from our house.

On the Friday 37 in a 30, then on the following Monday 39 in a 30.

I'd expect she can probably 'get away' with the speed awareness course for 1 but I was just wondering whether there are any grounds to appeal against the other given that they have both arrived in the post together and she has a previously clean license?

Probably not but would be useful if anyone has any advice on the situation?

No grounds to appeal. Its a strict liability offence (i.e. - is no defence to the offence unless explicitly set out in the legislation)

From my limited knowledge I can't see why having two offences over 4 days would be grounds to have one cancelled - regardless of the postal arrangements. The cops and the courts would treat this as two seperate sentences on two days. To draw a comparison if you shoplift on Friday and get away with it, but are caught on Monday doing it again, only for Fridays offence to be discovered you would still be clobbered with both.  

I have two remedies.

1) A chat with Mrs Genie to ask her to slow the **** down and/or

2) Have a long hard think. Are you sure it was her driving on both occassions? If your memory hasn't been very clear you could both do the Speed Awareness Course and continue motoring points free.

• Like 1

Look for technicalities too.

My dad has gotten off a couple of speeding tickets by writing to them and pointing out they'd spelled his name wrong or put the wrong date or something like that.

Probably won't work with a camera though as they'll all be automatic.

2) Have a long hard think. Are you sure it was her driving on both occassions? If your memory hasn't been very clear you could both do the Speed Awareness Course and continue motoring points free.

I had thought about this. I'll review the exact times of the offences tonight as it might be the case I was driving. We should probably request the photographic evidence to confirm who was driving, or not.

2) Have a long hard think. Are you sure it was her driving on both occassions? If your memory hasn't been very clear you could both do the Speed Awareness Course and continue motoring points free.

I had thought about this. I'll review the exact times of the offences tonight as it might be the case I was driving. We should probably request the photographic evidence to confirm who was driving, or not.

I think that would be very wise - the mind can play tricks on you.

• Like 2

ChrisHuhne_jpg-_1719133c.jpg

Well yeah.....but the real moral of that story was don't ask your wife to commit perjury if your sexual proclivities lie elsewhere.

have we established that about Genie?

Genie, if your missus is banging someone else and currently considering an upgrade, don't feel under pressure to take a speeding ticket for her.

If on the other hand, she's a decent chap and not working her way through work colleagues, then yes, try to remember who was driving.

• Like 1

You raise a good point, can I be certain she wasn't on the way to meet her fancy man? I mean really certain!!!??

That picture did remind me of one of the stupidest acts of spite ever.

"I'm gonna tell the police I took his speeding points"

... But that will land you in trouble too

"I'm going to do it anyway"

GoToJailweb2.jpg

• Like 1

Get photographic evidence before even thinking about claiming it was you (even if you believe it was).  

When I had my first speeding offence (admittedly doing 97 on 70),  if it helps at all,  I was given the photographic proof before the summons to court (which I pleaded to guilty by post).  

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â