General Chat

AVFCLaura

Spare a thought for BOF today chaps.

He's going through a very tough time by the sounds of it.

Best wishes to him

Jesus. Just seen. Absolute nightmare.

Best Wishes, Bri. Hope you're OK. :(

• Like 1

Had a stroke of luck on Saturday regarding our housing situation.

A couple were posting leaflets through every house on our road saying that they wanted to downsize and buy a 2 bed purely on our road. I phoned back by chance and found out they want to buy when we want to sell (New Year 2016). Got an estate agent coming on Thursday to value the house and said that they can come to view it after it's been valued. 

How to I play this? Should I tell them the value before or after coming? Any general advice? This would be perfect if it was all done with no hassle as I'd save a lot of money on fees and I'd be able to move out the day my mortgage period expires.

DO NOT TELL THEM THE VALUE. Tell them what you want to sell the house for. Say - value plus 10-15%. Let them argue the toss. If they want your road and your road alone you are in a really strong position.

Just make sure the house is clean and tidy and looking as good as it can.

get 3 valuations as they will differ. If the buyers want to know the valuation (which they probably will) you can discuss around the highest valuation.

make out that you are not sure whether you want to move or not, and so are looking for a slight premium on the (highest) valuation, around 10%.

then negotiate from there.

Totally agree Stevo - essentially it all boils down to calories in vs calories out.

The amount of times i've heard from my mom about the latest fad diet at work, can't help but laugh when you hear a phrase like "oh yeah shes been eating loads of bacon recently because shes on a green week so its free" 

Unfortunately your body doesn't know you are doing weight watchers super special beach body fad diet, all it knows is whats going in and whats going out.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â