General Chat

AVFCLaura

The apartment underneath me has gone up for sale.. at about £30k more than it was purchased for a year ago. That's a big increase for 12 months or so. Not sure if that is good or bad! 

The apartment underneath me has gone up for sale.. at about £30k more than it was purchased for a year ago. That's a big increase for 12 months or so. Not sure if that is good or bad! 

that probably depends if you are buying upwards or downwards...

cashing in and buying a camper van to go and work at a sleepy Lincolnshire nudist colony - good thing

borrowing on a mortgage to try and get a career to pay off a uni loan - probably pants

dont suppose anyone has been to royal ascot before? me and a few mates got tickets for the last day of the festival in june and not sure what the dress code is. read somewhere you have to where a top hat but not sure if thats true.

depends where you are.if your with the normal non toffs then a suit will be ok.

cashing in and buying a camper van to go and work at a sleepy Lincolnshire nudist colony - good thing

borrowing on a mortgage to try and get a career to pay off a uni loan - probably pants

I was thinking of re-mortgaging the equity out of my place and putting it all on black. Or red. 

I was thinking of re-mortgaging the equity out of my place and putting it all on black. Or red.

Put it on gold

When me and my OH first got together (about 12 years ago) we rented a 1 bedroom apartment that the owner had just bought for £65k few years later it was being sold for £120k. I saw one the same up for sale the other day for £85k.

Looks like he traded well with that, he was an estate agent after all!

Higher prices on your property is only a good thing, because it increases your worth.

Our house has gone up £25k since we bought it a few years ago. We've basically made the deposit back

I was just surprised at the large increase, especially as its 1) a new build and 2) an apartment - usually they are the ones that don't increase as quickly, in fact a lot people say new builds are overpriced. It remains to be seen if it goes for that price but another one on the complex is up for £5k more!

I never purchased it as an investment, i'd have been happy if it had increased £1k a year! I've not no immediate plans to move yet. 

Edited by Xela

Higher prices on your property is only a good thing, because it increases your worth.

Our house has gone up £25k since we bought it a few years ago. We've basically made the deposit back

until you sell it you've not actually made anything surely ?

until you sell it you've not actually made anything surely ?

No, but if you had a sudden death the inheritors would still have more £££ :P 

Fabian Delph was behind me at the checkouts at M&S earlier. "You have been a disgrace recently and you should be ashamed to collect your wage" I roared, inside my head. He knew though. My eyes said more than my mouth ever could. I gave him a polite nod, paid for my profiteroles and percy pigs and went about my day. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 3

You don't mess with Xela at the supermarket. Steve Clarke, then Albion manager, parked his Audi Q7 far too close to my motor at Waitrose in Mere Green. I gave him a stern look as if to say 'what the ****, man!" and BAM! A month later he gets sacked. Coincidence? Don't make me laugh. 

• Like 4

What Tony said plus…

Any property you wish to buy in the future i.e. upscaling has gone up commensurately. You've made nothing

What Tony said plus…

Any property you wish to buy in the future i.e. upscaling has gone up commensurately. You've made nothing

He can put down a bigger percentage deposit and get a better mortgage deal.

He could also use the improved equity to renegotiate his current mortgage due to a better LTV ratio.

Edited by Genie

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â