General Chat

AVFCLaura

Some of the slowmos on the Skiing World Champs (proper winter sports :P ) are quite superb.

One of the French lasses wasn't just on her arse but almost lying on her side and then carved the turn to get back through the gate.

Also, Bode Miller from earlier in the week:

B9Gc-J0IEAEQz74.jpg

100 stitches in his calf, apparently, and an operation to deal with a severed hamstring.

Edited by snowychap

Went to Stourport today...

Met Robert Plant!!!

Ofmg rofl lol omg

He still lives in/near Kinver, doesn't he?
Rumour says so. Never been there before, went there because it has an excellent pub call the holly Bush. Took a walk around town and the lady's dad says 'Robert Plant just walked into that music shop`.

Lovely guy, congratulated the lady's dad on his 60th birthday and gave us a minute of his time to chat.

Couldn't believed it though, most famous person I've seen and in such a small insignificant place.

I was in Chatham today and thus near the Isle Of Sheepey that legendary place of my birth

Not been there for about 35 years so thought I'd go have look .... Got a parking ticket .... welcome home !!

Annoyingly the warden had fabricated the times on the ticket so I won't have any issues getting off ( I have a photo of the clock on the ticket machine timed 2 minutes earlier than the the time on the ticket he issued ) but it but still means I'm going to have to write a letter when I've got better things I could be doing

I keep meaning to go to the Maritime museum down there, timing never quite works out.

Fascinating area, I stayed at a pub a few weeks ago that Charles Dickens had also stayed at a few times.

I'm working on a building at the moment down around there that has listed status. The items specifically named in the listing are the bullet holes and strafing in the brickwork from an early zeppelin raid. Yeah, I know, really interesting!

Rumour says so. Never been there before, went there because it has an excellent pub call the holly Bush.

I must have driven (and been driven) past there a few thousand times but have never been in.

May make the effort if I'm back over that way again (though it'll probably take another funeral to get me back to S-O-S).

• Like 1

I keep meaning to go to the Maritime museum down there, timing never quite works out.

Fascinating area, I stayed at a pub a few weeks ago that Charles Dickens had also stayed at a few times.

I'm working on a building at the moment down around there that has listed status. The items specifically named in the listing are the bullet holes and strafing in the brickwork from an early zeppelin raid. Yeah, I know, really interesting!

Didn't do any cultural stuff just threw some stones in the sea , played in possibly the most outdated amusement park in the world and had fish and chips .. Gutted I couldn't find a cockle stand

I like to say I recognised it all but nothing came to mind

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â