General Chat

AVFCLaura

You're all wrong. The one with the red sash is Jeremy Renner

Who wears sashes in this day and age anyway? Apart from beauty queens, Lord Mayors, and some Northern Irish people when they feel the need to march?

Hen Parties!!

What do I win?

• Like 1

Who wears sashes in this day and age anyway? Apart from beauty queens, Lord Mayors, and some Northern Irish people when they feel the need to march?

Hen Parties!!

What do I win?

My respect back.

Are they sashes, though? Aren't they cross-shoulder gunbelts, with holsters?

EDIT: Anyway, they aren't in this day and age, they're in the future, 2065 or thereabouts, iirc.

Edited by mjmooney

Hen Parties!!

What do I win?

you get first pick of any of the 12 fat girls that are in the group of 14 on the hen night

• Like 3

2eob044.jpg

Virgil's sort of recognisable.

as long as they all have real hands in the close up shots

and one set of hands has to be black

When I was little I used to be amazed at the realism of the puppet hands.

• Like 3

I'm with Ingram on this.  It even looks like John in number 5!

But that's not what's important, the important thing is why have they changed Alans awesome pink sash into a red one?!

Stoopid kids and their selling potential.. :(

Not to mention Virgil has gone from yellow to green, Scott blue to grey, Gordon orange to yellow and John lilac to gold.

The one that sticks in my head is Alan (of thunderbird 3) flying to close to the sun and sweating profusely.

Well it is hot.

I'm the same when i'm on the Costa Del Sol  :D

thinking about going off the wagon this weekend, but terrified of the beer guilt after almost 4 years no booze

Is there a trigger that is making you want to drink this weekend? 4 years is great so what is causing the desire to break your resolve? Or is it always there?

the desire is fairly recent, i think due to the fact that I'm in a small town now and haven't found steady work, so I'm bored as **** and frustrated. 

also, Patriots conference championship is on sunday night, so the pub is gonna be packed 

haha, no. I'm just sounding off here. if I did drink, I'd get a really piney IPA, nice and cold. Probably have 2 more as well. Then I'd probably knock back a Jameson and chase it with another IPA. And if we win, I might have another, remove my clothes and jump into a snowbank outside the pub

But if I don't drive, I'm ok right

Hard to say where I sat/sit on the alcoholic spectrum. I'd say probably on the low end. But it was causing me problems like gastrointestinal inflammation, heartburn, low energy, weight gain, drinking alone, hangovers, guilt...enough negative stuff to make me want to stop. I'd stopped before, for about 18 months. Started back slowly, but then I eventually got deep into it again. It never caused work problems, or relationship problems, and I never drove while drunk, and rarely got truly stinking drunk. I just liked to get and maintain a good buzz. My father and grandfather were both heavy drinkers too, so it's in the blood. 

I know I can stop if I'm determined, because I've done it twice now for long periods of time. I'd like to try and see if I can just drink on Saturdays or something. Once a week. In a pub, never at home. And never to get wasted, just a happy buzz. 

My concern is will it lead me back to drinking 4 beers a night with whiskey mixed in here and there, and the odd bottle of wine?

It's a tightrope, Spud. 

Edited by maqroll

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â