General Chat

AVFCLaura

One of our cats is left-handed.

How did you work that out? :?

You know how cats open doors that are slightly ajar, by pulling the door from the inside?

Our doors hinge on the left (from the inside). Cat #1 (male) opens them easily, with his right paw.

Cat #2 (female) tries to do the same thing with her left paw, and just ends up pulling on the door frame, to no effect. She's watched her brother do it, we've tried grabbing her right paw and showing her, but no, she always tries with the left paw, and gets frustrated.

To get round the problem, she's worked out a slightly silly technique that involves standing on her back legs, pushing both front legs through the gap, and sort of falling through.

They also eat out of the same dish, and she has to be on the left. If she happens to be sitting on the right when the dish goes down, she'll maybe take one bite - and then stop, look slightly disconcerted, and walk around her brother to the other side, before continuing eating. Cat OCD?

Anyone got any idea on shrinking a 100% cotton t-shirt? I bought some from threadless a while back which have now finally turned up, first time I'd bought some in a while and I'd forgotten what their sizes where like and went safe and bought XL just in case, plus accounting for shrinking. They're enormous.

But I reckon they'll shrink down a bit, whihc they will with normal washing anyway but wandered if theres a way to get them to shrink a bit more than just normal. I'd imagine washing at a higher temp would it but not sure.

I could just send them back but given they're from America, thats beyond hassle.

Chindie, do you want the number of my tailor? I'm sure he would sort them out for you. Probably for no more than a couple of hundred quid per shirt.

That's a bit of a hassle though, what with fitting sessions, so maybe you could just stick them on a really hot wash? Sod's law the stitching is some kind of man made fibre which will shrink 10x more than the cotton.

How you doin' mate?
Not fantastic but i'm healing. The support has been pretty massive and definitely important, even though i'm not one for accepting help.

Take it easy bud!

How you doin' mate?
Not fantastic but i'm healing. The support has been pretty massive and definitely important, even though i'm not one for accepting help.

Well, we're here for you in all our virtual reality. Thinking of you; if you need 'owt, just ask.

How you doin' mate?

Well, we're here for you in all our virtual reality. Thinking of you; if you need 'owt, just ask.

Half the news reports are wrong. i just read one where the guy that was at th back of the shop is claiming he was being served (i was) and that he was flung across the front of the shop. Again I was at the front, he was at the back. And he was walking around fine after.

This one is pretty accurate, except it transpired that i didn't quite break anything, it hurts tho, in many ways as I know some of you can imagine.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/8686548.stm

My dad just back from the hospital from his prostate cancer check up. He aint got go back for another 6 months as his results came back fine. Cancer aint growing. Result. I happy as a pig in shite :P

Yep, that is certainly great news and bound to be a massive relief!!!

My dad just back from the hospital from his prostate cancer check up. He aint got go back for another 6 months as his results came back fine. Cancer aint growing. Result. I happy as a pig in shite :P

Yep, that is certainly great news and bound to be a massive relief!!!

Tis that ok. :D:D:D

Good news Wendy, having lost my Dad a few years ago to prostate cancer, I can really say how happy for you I am, thats great news

Just had an email through from FlyBe saying they are the only airline to have now been approved to fly through low levels of volcanic ash.. great news as I can now get home without worries in a few weeks.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â