General Chat

AVFCLaura

Today's lesson entering Israel with a Iranian stamp in your passport results in 2 hours in a room with a policeman

Tbh it was warm and friendly enough ..... I think he just wanted some travel tips and I've assured him North korea isn't as dangerous as he thought it was :)

Anyhow , here now , with thunder and lightning

My mate had the same.. well, he didn't have an Iranian stamp, he had a Syrian visa in his!

So the aul fella had a heart attack today and had to be airlifted to hospital .......turns out he thought he had a cold and drove into the doctor on call who then proceeded to send him home (by letting him drive) to wait for an ambulance (i presume the doctor knew he was having an attack).......and of course been my dad he had to pop into lidl to get a few things for dinner before going home .......it made for an interesting 5 hour drive for me to get to the hospital .....when using google maps typed in limerick hospital .......turns out county has a town named hospital ....far far away from the actual hospital...

Edited by Meath_Villan

So the aul fella had a heart attack today and had to be airlifted to hospital .......turns out he thought he had a cold and drove into the doctor on call who then proceeded to send him home (by letting him drive) to wait for an ambulance (i presume the doctor knew he was having an attack).......and of course been my dad he had to pop into lidl to get a few things for dinner before going home .......it made for an interesting 5 hour drive for me to get to the hospital .....when using google maps typed in limerick hospital .......turns out county has a town named hospital ....far far away from the actual hospital...

Hope he gets well soon mate  :thumb:

Yeah and me, sounds like a tough bloke.

• Like 1

Is your dad mine?

Seriously, I hope he's okay.

What is it with fathers to make them think they're indestrucible? My old man cycled down to Ottawa hospital after his heart attack and then, apparently, cycled home after his triple bypass operation (plenty of years ago). There was no lidl ... had there been a pub, though...

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

Today's lesson entering Israel with a Iranian stamp in your passport results in 2 hours in a room with a policeman

Tbh it was warm and friendly enough ..... I think he just wanted some travel tips and I've assured him North korea isn't as dangerous as he thought it was :)

My mate had the same.. well, he didn't have an Iranian stamp, he had a Syrian visa in his!

Making the most of it now in here

Spent the day in Palestine and then out on the beer tonight ... 5:10 am here and just left a bar

• Like 1

Making the most of it now in here

Spent the day in Palestine and then out on the beer tonight ... 5:10 am here and just left a bar

I tip my hat sir!

I managed about 4:00am on Friday into Saturday and thought I'd get the party animal title for this weekend. Smashed me by over an hour.

Meath,

Families are a nightmare, especially dads! I presumed I hated mine for years, turns out we've got way more in common than I'd ever known. It was me that was a dick. He now has fibrosis, thin blood to stop thrombosis and a ropey heart. So obviously he still rides around on his 1960's BSA bikes.

Have a good Christmas with the old clearing in the woods. Enjoy it like its the last - and plan for another 30 last Christmas's.

HUG

• Like 1

What did he buy from Lidl?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â