General Chat

AVFCLaura

To be fair Brum should have more, carters and lasans should have 1 too

And if you don't want fancy pants (ie expensive) go to purnells bistro, Sunday lunch in there is amazing, 3 course for £15 I think

Edited by villa4europe

It used to have 3 and Brum didn't have 4 then

I can only think of La Bécasse (which is still a bit of a favourite). I can't remember a third, but it's certainly possible.

Found a big piece of rat shit in a tin of tuna. After I'd eaten pretty much all of it. Don't feel great now

You, sir, have just won the lottery. Contact ratshitcompolawyers4u.com immediately.
  • Like 1

Found a big piece of rat shit in a tin of tuna. After I'd eaten pretty much all of it. Don't feel great now

You, sir, have just won the lottery. Contact ratshitcompolawyers4u.com immediately.

Donoghue vs Stevenson for the internet age!

I've just listened to Stevie Wonder - I Wish

14 times in a row....

Does anyone else have songs like that?

Hans Zimmer - Time is another one. done at least an hour of that on loop when working.,

When I was first dating my missus, I burned her a cd which I titled "some of my favourite music". She was chuffed to bits that I'd made her a mixtape and saved it for a long car journey so she could savour and enjoy every song. She was slightly disappointed to find that it contained the same song 18 times over. Apparently she listened to it all the way through, expecting there to be something different at some point.

This was the song:

Edited by choffer
  • Like 1

EDIT: Oh and you do realise Jaguar Land Rover are a Merseyside company too?

Really?

Huge former Ford plant in Halewood makes the Freelander, Discovery Sport and the Evoque

Surely one plant doesn't decide the companies heritage. There are factories in India and China so does that make it an Asian company? I would have thought that due to it's roots being in Coventry (or Blackpool if you go to the very beginning of Jaguar as another company) and currently most of its facilities are in the Midlands it is a Midlands company.

EDIT: Oh and you do realise Jaguar Land Rover are a Merseyside company too?

Really?

Huge former Ford plant in Halewood makes the Freelander, Discovery Sport and the Evoque

Surely one plant doesn't decide the companies heritage. There are factories in India and China so does that make it an Asian company?

Being owned by a huge Indian company could make JLR asian ;)

And we don't have factories in India and China, yet, although we do have a large presence there and a Joint Venture with a Chinese company.

fwiw I agree with you. They have a huge presence in Merseyside but I don't think that defines where it's "from".

Edited by Stevo985

Surely one plant doesn't decide the companies heritage. There are factories in India and China so does that make it an Asian company?

Being owned by a huge Indian company could make JLR asian ;)

And we don't have factories in India and China, yet, although we do have a large presence there and a Joint Venture with a Chinese company.

fwiw I agree with you. They have a huge presence in Merseyside but I don't think that defines where it's "from".

I didn't realise the Chinese plant was a joint venture, but the Indian factory is an assembly plant for JLR...

Assembly plant is a lot different than factory.

In terms of manufacturing locations, the only plants currently are in the UK (Solihull, Castle Brom and Halewood).

Assembly plants are exactly that. Everything is still manufactured in the UK, they just get a kit and put some of it together in India.

I'm being pedantic really, but still.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â