General Chat

AVFCLaura

On the subject of rape, it was reported yesterday that there were more than 22,000 rapes reported in the UK in the first half of this year alone. I can't get my head around that. Thats 120 rapes per day... Are other sexual crimes being classed as rape now because I find those statistics hard to believe.

I heard a journalist on the BBC use the phrase, "raped with a knife". I wondered if they actually meant "raped at knife point", as those are two completely different things.

How Ched Evans got convicted of rape is downright scary. Essentially any woman can claim she was too pissed to consent if she wakes up with no memory because she got hammered. 

I don't doubt this woman was distressed when she woke up with no memory of the night before. But if she was raped or was too drunk to remember consent the fact that it's her word against theirs is scary that they went to jail. 

I've woken up with no memory beside some fat ugly bird before. It's scary I can tell you!!! 

Hmmm, not sure about that. If a girl is hammered and passed out, then personally I'd not be putting my knob anywhere near her, and any man who would should be prepared to face the consequences.  

Ah it's entirely different story if she is passed out but if the videos of the lads trying to film it showed she was not passed out, no way should Evans have gone down for it.

How Ched Evans got convicted of rape is downright scary. Essentially any woman can claim she was too pissed to consent if she wakes up with no memory because she got hammered. 

I don't doubt this woman was distressed when she woke up with no memory of the night before. But if she was raped or was too drunk to remember consent the fact that it's her word against theirs is scary that they went to jail. 

I've woken up with no memory beside some fat ugly bird before. It's scary I can tell you!!! 

Hmmm, not sure about that. If a girl is hammered and passed out, then personally I'd not be putting my knob anywhere near her, and any man who would should be prepared to face the consequences.  

Ah it's entirely different story if she is passed out but if the videos of the lads trying to film it showed she was not passed out, no way should Evans have gone down for it.

Without see the video, it's hard to agree (or not), so I'll leave it there. I would say though, that if found myself in a position where I was in bed with a girl, who wasn't fully passed out, but unable to function (and communicate), then the same would apply.

I'm not up to speed on the case. But I've seen the CCTV of them arriving at the hotel and she looks far from paralytic.

I won't comment properly because I don't know enough about the case. But it did strike me as suspicious. I don't know if they drank more in the hotel though.

I'm not up to speed on the case. But I've seen the CCTV of them arriving at the hotel and she looks far from paralytic.

I won't comment properly because I don't know enough about the case. But it did strike me as suspicious. I don't know if they drank more in the hotel though.

From memory she was talking yo the cab driver, walking on her own two feet...

But yeah, she wasn't out of it.

Agreed. But how can she prove that she didn't ask them back for sex? Yes she was drunk but is having sex with a drunk girl a rape now if she doesn't remember giving consent? 

I mean to convict and sentence to 5 years in jail for that is scary. There is no evidence of what exactly happened. I mean there must be plenty more cases like this where some poor innocent chap has had consensual sex with a drunk girl and she's claimed he raped her and he's gone to jail. 

btw I'm not condoning what they did, I'm just questioning the fact they were convicted based on her word and a cctv video of her walking drunken in the street. So the judge made the decision because she was that drunk she couldn't give consent and convicted them of Rape. I mean serious lack of evidence. 

I mean just because someone can't remember giving consent doesn't mean they didn't. Are all men now having to judge exactly what level of intoxication of a woman is technically a rape now if she doesn't remember? 

Edited by CVByrne

btw I'm not condoning what they did, I'm just questioning the fact they were convicted based on her word and a cctv video of her walking drunken in the street. So the judge made the decision because she was that drunk she couldn't give consent and convicted them of Rape. I mean serious lack of evidence. 

I mean just because someone can't remember giving consent doesn't mean they didn't. Are all men now having to judge exactly what level of intoxication of a woman is technically a rape now if she doesn't remember? 

it's not an easy area of law

I know nothing of the case, other than if a footballer, his agent and his club don't have access to a lawyer that was able to argue serious lack of evidence, well, that would make me suspect there is more detail here than we might all be aware of.

Serious lack of evidence would be the case in the vast majority of cases of rape I'd have thought? Unless there were witnesses all that can actually be proven is that somebody had sex with a stranger which was potentially out of character. It surely comes down to the word of two individuals and then the opinions of judge and jury.

Crazy man at Tyseley station this morning.  He was doing this for about 20 minutes before I jumped on my train. For I know he is still doing it now. 

I was going to post something similar earlier , and changed my mind   .. she even went back outside to get pizza looking at the CCTV

I wasn't there but something just seems wrong in this case ... I do wonder if basically came down to the jury didn't like Evans ... he talked about it's what we do we are footballers and have money  ... my guess is that wasn't the best defence

Crazy man at Tyseley station this morning.  He was doing this for about 20 minutes before I jumped on my train. For I know he is still doing it now. 

I think Doctor Beeching needs to pay that station a visit  ..I've seen Drat stand up shows with more people present

Yeah sorry, I got lost. 

I saw Baselayers' doppelganger earlier. The evidence in support of my belief that everyone on Earth has one grows.

If Rouges Gallery is anything to go by, Stefan has more than one doppelganger.

I saw Baselayers' doppelganger earlier. The evidence in support of my belief that everyone on Earth has one grows.

If Rouges Gallery is anything to go by, Stefan has more than one doppelganger.

they are clones surely  ..how else could he work 23 hour days 365 days a year

• Like 1

Just got back from Lanzarote; have you ever noticed, particularly when on holiday, that rarely do you see anyone with the same t-shirt as you ?

Now admittedly a couple of mine are Team Sky, team issue which you cant' buy  - I got 'em from a mate on the squad - but others are quite standard TK Maxx thingies. Apart from the one that says "I choked Linda Lovelace" - which for some reason no-one else seems to wear.

Just got back from Lanzarote; have you ever noticed, particularly when on holiday, that rarely do you see anyone with the same t-shirt as you ?

Now admittedly a couple of mine are Team Sky, team issue which you cant' buy  - I got 'em from a mate on the squad - but others are quite standard TK Maxx thingies. Apart from the one that says "I choked Linda Lovelace" - which for some reason no-one else seems to wear.

long as it isn't dated April 22, 2002

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â