General Chat

AVFCLaura

On a similar note, leaving the gym today, as I walked to the car someone drove up and sort of stalked me with their car, obviously waiting for me to leave so they could have my space.

Fine, no problem with that.

But then, as I was putting my stuff in the boot they had the **** cheek to beep me to hurry up!

Needless to say I faffed around for so long that they drove off.

Completely agree with all of that, but on the flipside it does really piss me off when it happens at petrol stations. The one I go to when I have to fill up before my trip home from work is always really busy and there are queues despite there being 12 or so pumps. The last time I went the woman I was waiting for got back to her car and faffed around for a good five minutes before leaving, just **** pull out of the space and park over near the exit if you're going to do your **** hair or makeup, you can see there's people waiting!

Bellend. I didn't beep her though, don't really think it does anything but have the same effect that dick at the gym had on you.

If it's busy I always move my car away from the pump and park up before going into pay

I've done that before, but I don't think the next person can use the pump until you've paid anyway can they? So there's not really much point

they can use it .. the bloke behind the till gets a beeping sound and he has to push a button  ..guess it could depend on the bloke on the till but my local Shell garage bloke seems to know the score ..either that or he is blindly pushing buttons !!

Edited by tonyh29

I've done that before, but I don't think the next person can use the pump until you've paid anyway can they? So there's not really much point

they can use it .. the bloke behind the till gets a beeping sound and he has to push a button  ..guess it could depend on the bloke on the till but my local Shell garage bloke seems to know the score ..either that or he is blindly pushing buttons !!

Fair enough.

A guy moved for me once before he paid but I end up stood there until he paid (or at least that's how it appeared.)

Soooo, off on my two week jaunt to Korea and Japan tomorrow.

None of you need to know that but I thought I'd tell you anyway.

Watch out for SARS.

I can see the advertising now.

It's like Ebola, but for Asia...

Just seen it on the news, A 4th man has now grown a chicken hand!..

Soooo, off on my two week jaunt to Korea and Japan tomorrow.

None of you need to know that but I thought I'd tell you anyway.

Watch out for SARS.

I can see the advertising now.

It's like Ebola, but for Asia...

Just seen it on the news, A 4th man has now grown a chicken hand!..
'And they blew up the man with the chicken hand last night, and the blew up his house too...'
  • Like 1

Started my new job this week.  Bit of a culture shock.  I am used to working for a big company in an open plan office with all the benefits that come along with that.  Now working in Victoria in a town house office in a small room with a small team.  Early days yet but will need to adjust me thinks!

Also miss being at Baker St.  Top place to work and much better commute!

• Like 1

Started my new job this week.  Bit of a culture shock.  I am used to working for a big company in an open plan office with all the benefits that come along with that.  Now working in Victoria in a town house office in a small room with a small team.  Early days yet but will need to adjust me thinks!

currently working out of Kings Cross a couple of days a week, still can't decide if I like it

lunchtime for many appears to mostly involve standing outside Pret in a shiny suit talking very loudly about how important they are

it just looks like the out takes from the Apprentice

• Like 1

Started my new job this week. Bit of a culture shock. I am used to working for a big company in an open plan office with all the benefits that come along with that. Now working in Victoria in a town house office in a small room with a small team. Early days yet but will need to adjust me thinks!

Also miss being at Baker St. Top place to work and much better commute!

currently working out of Kings Cross a couple of days a week, still can't decide if I like it

lunchtime for many appears to mostly involve standing outside Pret in a shiny suit talking very loudly about how important they are

Hate Pret. That's another thing at my old place we had a subsidised restaurant which was really good so you could get a roast dinner for example for £3.50.

I just spent 8 quid today for some salmon and rice.

I accidentally spent £12 in Pret on day one, only to find some idiot had decided it was a funky cutting edge idea to put slices of fruit in a bacon roll.

There some sort of Hare Krishna kitchen two blocks away, going to give them a spin next week. At least I'll be prepared and on the look out for strange fruity additions.

*cough* Flying Scotsman *cough*

• Like 1

*cough* Flying Scotsman *cough*

I think at some stage I'm actually going to go to the Flying Scotsman just to see if the rumours are true

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â