General Chat

AVFCLaura

I wouldn't dream of stereotyping a nation  ;)  but even the animals are reverting to type in Oz now  ...

At a campground in Western Australia over the weekend, a feral pig guzzled down 18 beers that had been left out improperly secured. And just like anyone 18 beers in at a rural dive bar, the pig got big-headed and decided to start a fight with a cow, resulting in the cow chasing the pig around a car.

that's fantastic

now all we need is a time machine so we can go back a few days and stick it in the phunnay pictures thread

----

done!

Does anyone enjoy their job?

I'm in a horrible situation where I'm really hating my job but they pay me a fair bit more than I'd get elsewhere so I'm just sticking with it.

are you a teacher :)

I like my job , it has it's moments when i'm sitting here at 2am cursing everyone under the sun ... but ultimately i found something I'm good (modesty FTW)  at and it allows me to fulfil my hobby of travel  so by and large I like it

I wouldn't work somewhere where i wasn't happy , regardless of the money  ... obviously I'd take their money whilst i looked elsewhere though :)

haha, no, just a humble engineer.

What do you do out of curiosity? And would you really not work somewhere shit for more money?

I know talking about how much you earn is pretty much a banned topic, but I don't earn enough to brag about it so it's hardly a big deal. But I currently get 26k, if I do change jobs that would go down to about 18k probably. Would you sacrifice that amount of money for a job you enjoyed? (I appreciate the 8k difference isn't that much in the grand scheme of things, but it's enough to effect life-style)

I'm in a horrible situation where I'm really hating my job but they pay me a fair bit more than I'd get elsewhere so I'm just sticking with it.

I like my job , it has it's moments when i'm sitting here at 2am cursing everyone under the sun ... but ultimately i found something I'm good (modesty FTW) at and it allows me to fulfil my hobby of travel so by and large I like it

I wouldn't work somewhere where i wasn't happy , regardless of the money ... obviously I'd take their money whilst i looked elsewhere though :)

What do you do out of curiosity? And would you really not work somewhere shit for more money?

I know talking about how much you earn is pretty much a banned topic, but I don't earn enough to brag about it so it's hardly a big deal. But I currently get 26k, if I do change jobs that would go down to about 18k probably. Would you sacrifice that amount of money for a job you enjoyed? (I appreciate the 8k difference isn't that much in the grand scheme of things, but it's enough to effect life-style)

I earn a decent wedge. It depends on what we turnover, but I'm expecting to tip over the post tax equivalent of £60k this coming year.

It's a hard £60k though. My days are relatively short, normally 8 to 4 with the odd 12 hour shift thrown in. But then I can often go an entire month without a day off. I have a business partner but he lives in Spain, so everything operations wise is down to me. All the management, organising of materials, selling, dealing with the difficult clients as well as the downright mental ones, all on my head. There are other people reliant on me, constantly, not to **** things up royally. I never truly switch off because I'm always having to stay switched on.

Some days yes, I'd absolutely swap it for a job where I'm earning less with much less responsibility. I'd drop to £40k say, which is not a *lot* of money for London, so that's quite a drop. That said, I'd not survive on £18k, I'd be doing the blowjob thing stated above within a couple of months! So really, it depends on your circumstances.

I like my job , it has it's moments when i'm sitting here at 2am cursing everyone under the sun ... but ultimately i found something I'm good (modesty FTW)  at and it allows me to fulfil my hobby of travel  so by and large I like it

I wouldn't work somewhere where i wasn't happy , regardless of the money  ... obviously I'd take their money whilst i looked elsewhere though :)

I used to work in IT and my second job when i was around 20 I felt under valued and over worked and wasn't enjoying it so I gave in my notice  ... thankfully I found another job a few days later ( and for more money  B)  ) so I don't have to look back and regret it , not sure I'd be so brash now at 43 with a family mind you  ....  that's quite a big drop in salary to take tbf  so I'd have to give it a lot of thought and decide what was more important to me ..sanity or money

saying that I walked away from a nice number when i worked IT for the banks in London and went to live in Budapest to be with the now MrsH29 , with no job and no prospects ( it was all pre EU days and finding work in Hungary when you dont speak Hungarian is harder than it sounds :)  )   ... but I'm glad I went , had she come here back then I doubt our relationship would have lasted ( I did long hours with a commute and would have hardly seen her ) 

I like my job , it has it's moments when i'm sitting here at 2am cursing everyone under the sun ... but ultimately i found something I'm good (modesty FTW) at and it allows me to fulfil my hobby of travel so by and large I like it

I wouldn't work somewhere where i wasn't happy , regardless of the money ... obviously I'd take their money whilst i looked elsewhere though :)

I earn a decent wedge. It depends on what we turnover, but I'm expecting to tip over the post tax equivalent of £60k this coming year.

It's a hard £60k though. My days are relatively short, normally 8 to 4 with the odd 12 hour shift thrown in. But then I can often go an entire month without a day off. I have a business partner but he lives in Spain, so everything operations wise is down to me. All the management, organising of materials, selling, dealing with the difficult clients as well as the downright mental ones, all on my head. There are other people reliant on me, constantly, not to **** things up royally. I never truly switch off because I'm always having to stay switched on.

Some days yes, I'd absolutely swap it for a job where I'm earning less with much less responsibility. I'd drop to £40k say, which is not a *lot* of money for London, so that's quite a drop. That said, I'd not survive on £18k, I'd be doing the blowjob thing stated above within a couple of months! So really, it depends on your circumstances.

22k for a blow job, your a bit expensive for me.

I go from enjoying it to hating it and everything inbetween. In causes me a lot of stress but when it goes well and a client is visibly chuffed and I have made a difference to his business then it feels worth it. The hardest part is the ever growing myriad of red tape / compliance / governance that surrounds my job.

Overall though, it's well paid and affords me a more than decent existence

What do you do out of curiosity?

Sometimes I like to see how many marbles I can get into my rectum. Other times I'll just read about famous people on wikipedia, or watch space documentaries. I'm a very curious man.

• Like 3

£20 a week but there are two of them and they stay an hour... so £10 per hour per person

Ultimately it depends on the size of your premises and what you want them to do. They'll put your washing on, do your ironing, etc, but all extra costs. They can come weekly, fortnightly or monthly. You may be able to do the basic cleaning yourself but then want a deep clean once a month and that would work out cheaper than weekly.

Mine is a 2 bed, 2 bathroom apartment - they'll be vacuuming, dusting, cleaning the windows (inside) and frames, cleaning kitchen surfaces and tiled floor and the most important thing for me, keeping both bathrooms in order (cleaning toilets, bath, shower cubicle, sinks and white tiled floors. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â