General Chat

AVFCLaura

3 button blazers/suit jackets are **** horrendous.

It's not 1992 anymore

For casual wear yes, but formally? Not sure I agree. Though I will say, should the bottom button be done up even on a mannequin?

Yes formally. Absolutely. They're weird.

Unless you're a hip hop artist from the 90's.

Someone on fb said that they hate full moons as her baby never sleeps well when its a full moon...

That's a new one on me, how in any way does the size of the moon effect the sleep of a baby?

she could have a point

47 healthy young adults participated in the study where their sleep patterns were observed and recorded over different lunar phases.

It was found that around full moon, the participants experienced an average delay of 25 minutes to fall asleep. Sleepers were also seen to be more prone to sleep disruption during this time.

Someone on fb said that they hate full moons as her baby never sleeps well when its a full moon...

That's a new one on me, how in any way does the size of the moon effect the sleep of a baby?

she could have a point

47 healthy young adults participated in the study where their sleep patterns were observed and recorded over different lunar phases.

It was found that around full moon, the participants experienced an average delay of 25 minutes to fully transform. Sleepers were also seen to be more prone to extreme hair growth, sharpening of teeth and nails and muscle/bone expansion during this time.

Hmmm, interesting.

I've heard that some people go into foul moods during full moons, so the two are probably linked.  Could just be that the moon makes the rooms slightly brighter, making it hard for some to sleep properly.

One guy on the radio called it his "man period" :lol:

Does anyone enjoy their job?

I'm in a horrible situation where I'm really hating my job but they pay me a fair bit more than I'd get elsewhere so I'm just sticking with it.

I love my job. Wouldn't want to do anything else. Sucks getting up at silly o'clock on early shifts sometimes but all in all I love it 

Does anyone enjoy their job?

I'm in a horrible situation where I'm really hating my job but they pay me a fair bit more than I'd get elsewhere so I'm just sticking with it.

are you a teacher :)

I like my job , it has it's moments when i'm sitting here at 2am cursing everyone under the sun ... but ultimately i found something I'm good (modesty FTW)  at and it allows me to fulfil my hobby of travel  so by and large I like it

I wouldn't work somewhere where i wasn't happy , regardless of the money  ... obviously I'd take their money whilst i looked elsewhere though :)

I enjoy my job to an extent, I enjoy being round the people I work with more

Days like today though are the worst, raining all morning to the point where we called it a day and went home, now the suns shining and I've lost a days money

Speaking of work, I've got a big job on at the moment, the early kind of brainless parts were given to a woman covering maternity. She's 60ish has a tonne of experience and thinks she knows everything because she spent a bit of time being a secretary at a big company 20 odd years ago. Anyway she's got the bit that she was given about 40% right, and the bits she got wrong were a mixture of laziness & her thinking she knows it all. Due to a change in the system which we only found out after we started I was delayed massively on the job, her errors did not exactly speed up the process. Should I say something to her or just say it to the boss when he asks me why my time is so high on the job?

Speaking of work, I've got a big job on at the moment, the early kind of brainless parts were given to a woman covering maternity. She's 60ish has a tonne of experience and thinks she knows everything because she spent a bit of time being a secretary at a big company 20 odd years ago. Anyway she's got the bit that she was given about 40% right, and the bits she got wrong were a mixture of laziness & her thinking she knows it all. Due to a change in the system which we only found out after we started I was delayed massively on the job, her errors did not exactly speed up the process. Should I say something to her or just say it to the boss when he asks me why my time is so high on the job?

_450434_supergrass300.jpg

I wouldn't dream of stereotyping a nation  ;)  but even the animals are reverting to type in Oz now  ...

At a campground in Western Australia over the weekend, a feral pig guzzled down 18 beers that had been left out improperly secured. And just like anyone 18 beers in at a rural dive bar, the pig got big-headed and decided to start a fight with a cow, resulting in the cow chasing the pig around a car.
Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â