General Chat

AVFCLaura

My Grandad's just died :(

Sorry to hear that. I always remember hearing when my grandad died. I was standing in HMV looking at the vinyl, remember it as clear as day.

Still miss the old guy. The last day I saw him (and spent time with him) was the day we were awarded the Olympics, my last memory of him.

The next day were the 7/7 bombings and he died soon after. I'll never forget my last day with him.

He got me to go to the shop for some brandy, we had one together.

:'-)

Edited by dodgyknees

Congratulations btw Ingram.

In keeping with the tone of the rest of the thread my little brother 29 is in hospital with kidney failure as a result of a 5 year codeine addiction.

Stupid word removed. Drugs are bad. M'kay kids.

I didn't really know my Dad's dad well, and I was 6 when he died. My other grandad died in 1998. I got the phone call that he was in a bad way, so I got in my car for the 3 hour drive. The car broke down 1 hour in. By the time I had it towed to a garage and rented a car and got to the hospital, he had passed. He was a real gentleman, well respected by everyone, even though he was outcast from his family and excommunicated from the church for marrying a Protestant girl ( you just didn't do that in 1930s Boston). He could fix just about anything that was broken. He was a really skilled woodworker, and when he was older he enjoyed his gardening and golf. I still miss him a lot. We called him Joe.

• Like 1

All my Grandparents died within 2 years of each other. The last one being my Nan (Dad's Mom), who died in the week leading up to the League Cup final in 2010. As horrible as it is, it's an inevitability that you'll lose someone close at some point in your life. Just try and hold on to the memories you have, and know that it will get easier with time. My condolences, villarule123. Grieve, but remember the good times and hold on to the love you shared. All the best mate.  

• Like 2

Congratulations btw Ingram.

In keeping with the tone of the rest of the thread my little brother 29 is in hospital with kidney failure as a result of a 5 year codeine addiction.

Stupid word removed. Drugs are bad. M'kay kids.

Crap, that is not good. How is his prognosis?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â