General Chat

AVFCLaura

Local high school, Dyson Perrins (alma mater of Jacqui Smith and Cher Lloyd), 'rebranded' itself as an academy a few years ago and in 2013 decided to change its uniform for, apparently, the first time in 50 years.

The new Dyson Perrins Academy plumped for the following blazer (which I saw for the first time earlier today on the bus):

Dyson%20Perrins%20girls%20blazer-400x400

That's schoolboys/schoolgirls riding around with 'DP Academy' emblazoned on their breast.

I like the 3 buttons, not very fashionable right now, but 3 buttons is the best look. But the buttons are squashed too centrally in the centre, they should be more equally spaced which would also then sort out some of the problem with the collars which are both wide and long. Sleeves are a little bit too wizardly looking for me, might just be the hang but they appear to flair at the cuffs.

Don't tap D P Academy into google. 

I like the 3 buttons, not very fashionable right now, but 3 buttons is the best look. But the buttons are squashed too centrally in the centre, they should be more equally spaced which would also then sort out some of the problem with the collars which are both wide and long. Sleeves are a little bit too wizardly looking for me, might just be the hang but they appear to flair at the cuffs.

I think the picture reproduced above is of the girls blazer only. That may address some of your points.

I agree with your advice.

Edited by snowychap

Local high school, Dyson Perrins (alma mater of Jacqui Smith and Cher Lloyd), 'rebranded' itself as an academy a few years ago and in 2013 decided to change its uniform for, apparently, the first time in 50 years.

The new Dyson Perrins Academy plumped for the following blazer (which I saw for the first time earlier today on the bus):

Dyson%20Perrins%20girls%20blazer-400x400

That's schoolboys/schoolgirls riding around with 'DP Academy' emblazoned on their breast.

Don't tap D P Academy into google. 

So D P Academy's blazers have wizard's sleeves?

• Like 3

When I tell people I like Coronation Chicken, they look at me like I just stood on a kitten.

People r weird.

Have a word with yourself. Coronation Chicken is what Satan refers to as "phase two".

On a separate note, and inspired by Maqroll's video, those low budget ghost story programmes you get on channels like Really or Living or whatever. The charlatans like Derek "my Native American sprit guide has a Scouse accent" Acorah are bad enough, but what really gets me the total lack of regard for the families of the dead.

I saw one years ago when a woman and her teenage daughter were claiming to have seen a little girl all alone by the roadside one night. When they stopped to ask if she was okay the girl did something ghostly, but I can't remember exactly what. They drove home all spooked and discovered there had been a car crash on the road earlier and a little girl had been killed. Now, putting aside whether or not you actually believe their story or not, what kind of person decides the next best course of action is to run to the local press (bearing in mind they lived in a tiny rural community) and use that as a springboard to get their fifteen minutes of fame? Someone's daughter died, and they have to live their lives knowing that the child they lost will always be remembered as a local ghost story. Then someone else decides they saw her too, and before you know it the story gains legendary status, and they never get any peace.

Don't even get me started on mediums who help people track down the body of their murdered relatives. Those word removeds deserve to go to prison.

/rant

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â