General Chat

AVFCLaura

Dropped my car in at the garage but it's a bit of a trek into Burton town centre. I found a cafe that looked okay from the outside but now I'm here it's pretty awful and empty save for me. I ordered a cup of tea, 75p and it certainly looks that way. It has a bunch of black specks in it that I'm hoping means just that the teabag burst but **** knows what it is. Not drinking that crap, just going to hang for a bit and then leave quietly...

Edit - I left when the rather rough-looking woman running the place was seeing to the kitchen. I mooched around for a bit in the arse-end of Burton (and that's saying something) and I'm now currently sat in a spot of scrubland by the railway line and next to a place that apparently seems to store old beer kegs. I can honestly say I didn't see this coming.

Eat yer heart out, Bukowski.
  • Like 1

Dropped my car in at the garage but it's a bit of a trek into Burton town centre. I found a cafe that looked okay from the outside but now I'm here it's pretty awful and empty save for me. I ordered a cup of tea, 75p and it certainly looks that way. It has a bunch of black specks in it that I'm hoping means just that the teabag burst but **** knows what it is. Not drinking that crap, just going to hang for a bit and then leave quietly...

Edit - I left when the rather rough-looking woman running the place was seeing to the kitchen. I mooched around for a bit in the arse-end of Burton (and that's saying something) and I'm now currently sat in a spot of scrubland by the railway line and next to a place that apparently seems to store old beer kegs. I can honestly say I didn't see this coming.

Congratulations. I've had a bad day but that post has made me realise that it wasn't as depressing as yours!  :)

What is with all the (sorry Donnie) posts?

Donnie mentioned that he didn't like people who used brackets in their posts as he thought they were trying to be smarty pants.

So as he's training to be a moderator we all thought it would be a good idea to apologise to him when (if the occasion arises) (sorry donnie) we used them.

Oooohhhh careful.

Donnie will get upset and call you a liar for posts like this.

He doesn't like people who use LOTS of brackets.

Which makes it totally normal.

According to the lady at the Dutch Embassy, I am a full Dutch national, my main nationality is actually Dutch with English secondary but I have to go through a few more hoops before I can be given a passport.

How does that work?

Congratulations. I've had a bad day but that post has made me realise that it wasn't as depressing as yours!  :)

Oh it got much, much worse.

I was waiting around there for my mum to come and pick me up. She came to pick me up, couldn't find me because she not only had forgotten the directions I gave her but also had forgotten her phone so she couldn't phone me and so drove back home. I called her a number of times but she obviously didn't answer since the phone was at home. She phoned me up complaining to me that I was the one who wasn't where I said I was, even though I was and it wouldn't have been an issue had she brought her phone with her. She offered no apology at all.

Then it gets to 4:30pm. I phone the garage to check on the status of my car. They say they're having an issue putting my car back together. I say I need my car for work in the morning. The guy says they'll have to stay late to finish it, but not without trying to make me feel incredibly guilty which didn't work. They phone me back at 5:30pm, my mum drives me back the twenty minutes into Burton, they're still working on it. I wait for ten minutes while they finish and take it for a spin, but it's making a noise it isn't meant to, even I notice that much. It turns out that there's a problem with the car's diagnostic system which caused the initial issue in the first place. The guy then lends me his car, an old Vauxhall Zafira so I can get home and to work tomorrow.

There's no way I'm driving that thing all the way to Nottingham at 7am in the morning. I'll just have to take tomorrow off too. I only pray they can fix the **** thing (I don't hold out much hope from today's antics) (apologies Donald) and that it doesn't cost a ridiculous amount of money. I've already paid them £175 for what they did today which broke because they didn't diagnose the problem properly.

What a complete arsehole of a day. It was more stressful than a day at work.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 2

I thought we were bros. Rent? Surely you'd let me borrow one free of charge. I'll take the Mustang.

Sorry but I'm taking it into work tomorrow. It's 'Green Week' and tomorrow is the big day, the day of the recycling competition! Couldn't resist. Take that o-zone layer!

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â