General Chat

AVFCLaura

Floor tiles need replacing in my bathroom, but I know a tiler so he'll probably do that for £150

Luckily, I think the bathroom was probably the newest room in the house (decoration wise) so nothing really needs doing in that room apart from those tiles.

I also have a damp problem. Ceiling of my bedroom and the bathroom always has mould growing. I think it's a problem with the gutters so hoping if I get those cleaned and whack some anti mould paint up it'll sort it. Can't be sure though :(

I also have a damp problem. Ceiling of my bedroom and the bathroom always has mould growing. I think it's a problem with the gutters so hoping if I get those cleaned and whack some anti mould paint up it'll sort it. Can't be sure though :(

You can't ignore a damp problem, could turn out to be a massive expense. Have a bit of a look next time its raining, see if water is being channelled onto the brickwork somewhere. Might just be a simple case of reclicking a couple of sections of gutter together.

For the cost next time you see a window cleaner in the street ask him to have a look.

You can't ignore a damp problem, could turn out to be a massive expense. Have a bit of a look next time its raining, see if water is being channelled onto the brickwork somewhere. Might just be a simple case of reclicking a couple of sections of gutter together.

For the cost next time you see a window cleaner in the street ask him to have a look.

I think that's exactly it. If I had ladders I'd have sorted it already.

My gutters are either blocked or damaged and the water trickles down the outside of my bedroom window. And I think it finds its way in just under the window.

I can plug up the hole easily enough. Just need the gutter sorting. Hopefully  a clear out is all it needs

• Like 1

Floor tiles need replacing in my bathroom, but I know a tiler so he'll probably do that for £150

Luckily, I think the bathroom was probably the newest room in the house (decoration wise) so nothing really needs doing in that room apart from those tiles.

You honestly shouldn't need to get a tiler to do your tiling.

I did my bathroom with just a few youtube videos.

#1 rule is have your edges (tiles you have to cut) around the edges of your bathroom, and have the side of the tile you've cut, under the skirting boards.

You can even put all the tiles in place before you even have to glue anything down!

I quite liked tiling because you just get into it once you've started and it gets easier after the first 3/4 tiles. :)

You honestly shouldn't need to get a tiler to do your tiling.

I did my bathroom with just a few youtube videos.

#1 rule is have your edges (tiles you have to cut) around the edges of your bathroom, and have the side of the tile you've cut, under the skirting boards.

You can even put all the tiles in place before you even have to glue anything down!

I quite liked tiling because you just get into it once you've started and it gets easier after the first 3/4 tiles. :)

Sounds hard!

Might have a go myself and then call my mate if I get in some bother.

The tiles in it at the moment aren't bad to be fair, it's the grouting that's ****, coming up all over the place. But I'm thinking if I'm redoing it I may as well get new tiles too, freshen it up a bit.

I think that's exactly it. If I had ladders I'd have sorted it already.

My gutters are either blocked or damaged and the water trickles down the outside of my bedroom window. And I think it finds its way in just under the window.

I can plug up the hole easily enough. Just need the gutter sorting. Hopefully  a clear out is all it needs

Plugging the hole up won't help much. The bricks need to dry out and won't if there is water runing on them. I won't scare you with the numbers but a colleague here had a similar issue on the side of his house which he ignored. Ended up costing him a fortune to get the damp sorted (after the source guttering had been corrected).

Has anyone ever put faciers up around your house before?

Me and my Dad are doing mine in a few weeks, not looking forward to it as I hate ladders :lol:

My house will be spotless after and ready to sell next year when we get a bigger house. Should make a tidy profit on it too :)

You're all a bunch of mugs! What you need is a dad who's a builder, who has also been accidentally given an unlimited 'managers discount' on his Stax card. I think my whole heating, radiators, kitchen and bathroom cost less than a few grand.

Just booked my gutter clean.

You've scared me into getting the problem sorted!

Haha, sorry!

Best time to do it with this scorching August weather... It'll dry out in no time!

To be honest I think it's already dried out somewhat (obviously it won't have completely), but I cleaned the mould a couple of months ago and no more has reappeared. So hopefully fixing the problem, popping a dehumidifier in there for a few weeks should sort it.

I HOPE!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â