General Chat

AVFCLaura

Well I've just rang her and guess what, she's not having the pains now she's walking about. I told her its probably because you've been sat in a car for 2 hours. So panic over. Now guess bloody what, I've just hoovered the whole house(yes I can be trusted with hoovers) and while I was doing this my lad was playing with his toys. I've finished the hoovering and I'm sat in his room just having ten minutes, all of a sudden my lad walks in covered in sudocrem. He was naked anyway but he's got hold of this tub of sudocrem which was full and has absolutely covered himself in it from top to bottom. I've gone into our bedroom and the bed is just caked in it, also the carpets which were nice and clean after I hoovered them are covered in sudocrem. By this point I am covered in sudocrem trying to clean him up. The best thing about it is that I can't bath him because the water has been off all day, broken water pipe in the street or something. Unreal, of course the mrs thinks its funny and so does he. I aint even attempted to sort the bed out yet. That's karma that is from me saying I wanted an early night. Are baselayers or ingram witches??.

• Like 1

Just to put a bit of perspective on RV's attitude to the missus being in labour.....

Back when my first was being born my wife went into labour and the waters broke at about 2:00am - we phoned the maternity ward and midwives and they asked us to work out the timing. From the answer we gave them, they said stay home have a cup of tea and bring yourselves in after 8:00am.

We got in at 7:59am (hey, it was our first), they did a few tests and wotnot and I hung around for a few hours. Eventually they decided that there wasn't much happening, but as the waters had gone they had to keep my other half in and under obs. So they told me to go home.

So I went home, bought myself a bag of chips.

Midway through my chips it occurred to me I could now go to the footy. So wife in hospital having our first, I went to the footy.

Got back to the house about 5:30pm and the phone was ringing as I arrived. It was the hospital suggesting I get back in there asap.

I arrived, there was lots of action, all very exciting and I became a dad, I cut the chord and all that. About 9:00pm I was told they had to sleep and I had to leave.

Got home and the music for MOTD was starting. Poured myself a whisky and watched the footy.

Not the worst day I've ever had.

But it just shows, it's not all panic and 24/7 attention, sometimes you just go with it.

• Like 2

Just think you could have been one of those people who find out they have become a father via a tannoy announcement at the game!

One of the down sides of mobile phones, is stuff like that doesn't happen very often these days.

Just to put a bit of perspective on RV's attitude to the missus being in labour.....

Back when my first was being born my wife went into labour and the waters broke at about 2:00am - we phoned the maternity ward and midwives and they asked us to work out the timing. From the answer we gave them, they said stay home have a cup of tea and bring yourselves in after 8:00am.

We got in at 7:59am (hey, it was our first), they did a few tests and wotnot and I hung around for a few hours. Eventually they decided that there wasn't much happening, but as the waters had gone they had to keep my other half in and under obs. So they told me to go home.

Midway through my chips it occurred to me I could now go to the footy. So wife in hospital having our first, I went to the footy.

Got back to the house about 5:30pm and the phone was ringing as I arrived. It was the hospital suggesting I get back in there asap.

I arrived, there was lots of action, all very exciting and I became a dad, I cut the chord and all that. About 9:00pm I was told they had to sleep and I had to leave.

Got home and the music for MOTD was starting. Poured myself a whisky and watched the footy.

But it just shows, it's not all panic and 24/7 attention, sometimes you just go with it.

I think its natural to panic when its your first. but as you have said there really is no need to, aslong as everything is ok and the baby is in no danger. We are more laid back about this one, the way nurses deal with you is very laid back. We got sent home when she went into labour with our first because she was hardly dilating so they just sent us back and said come back when you can't take the pain.

Just think you could have been one of those people who find out they have become a father via a tannoy announcement at the game!

One of the down sides of mobile phones, is stuff like that doesn't happen very often these days.

It comes as a shock when you hear your name read out at a big game for whatever reason. I had the pleasure at SV Hamburg v Villa to be told my passport had been handed in. I didn't even know I had lost it 

• Like 1

You missed the most important bit.

Did Villa win?

I'm just glad to hear she's going into Labour and not UKIP.

In the maternity ward having a very long wait for our firstborn, the missus complained that she was getting rather tired, and that it was all very hard work. The patronising midwife sniffed: "Well, that's why it's called labour, dear". 

Big mistake. 

Mrs M came right back at her: "Listen, if it was called Conservative, I WOULDN'T **** ING DO IT!!!" 

That shut her up, all right. 

True story. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 3

You missed the most important bit.

Did Villa win?

I was gonna ask this, but then thought it might be the non league Welsh team Chris supports, but then I couldn't remember who it was, so I didn't bother in the end. 

sorry, the two games: yes game I was at was local and I've no idea what the score was

tellingly, from memory Villa game was FA Cup and we won - but would that have been on MOTD?

I'll go look it up and report back

ok actually it was a draw but Villa went on to win the replay! yay!

Edited by chrisp65

sorry, the two games: yes game I was at was local and I've no idea what the score was

tellingly, from memory Villa game was FA Cup and we won - but would that have been on MOTD?

I'll go look it up and report back

ok actually it was a draw but Villa went on to win the replay! yay!

yeah FA cup was on MOTD back when the BBC had rights to the FA cup.

I remember the third round would mean a huge MOTD because there were like a hundred matches to show goals from.

From day to day, there's gonna be the "don't eat that" crowd. Ignore that, and get to the bit that might be a record etc.  

Very moving, I shall adopt this as my personal philosophy. (smiley here to show no malice intended!)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â