General Chat

AVFCLaura

It's Laura's birthday today. Haven't seen her since she lost it over the Brits.

Happy birthday all the same.

The Brits? The Brits are rubbish. 

• Like 1

Saw a bloke trying to thumb a lift today, he didn't quite get the thumbing bit, and was doing the rocket polisher sign! Seeing people rage at him was hilarious.

Bird flew into window. I looked out and saw it on the driveway, where it stumbled around for a bit then sat. I thought, this is it, the end, the abyss beckons. Second bird comes along to check it out, presumably its mate, and it circled around the hurt bird a few times then went off to feast on beasties in the weeds. I was getting tense. There are stray cats in the area and this chap would stand no chance. The fallen bird was still and hadn't moved in a few minutes. Then, all of a sudden, it moved its head and flew into a tree. I was elated.

Bird flew into window. I looked out and saw it on the driveway, where it stumbled around for a bit then sat. I thought, this is it, the end, the abyss beckons. Second bird comes along to check it out, presumably its mate, and it circled around the hurt bird a few times then went off to feast on beasties in the weeds. I was getting tense. There are stray cats in the area and this chap would stand no chance. The fallen bird was still and hadn't moved in a few minutes. Then, all of a sudden, it moved its head and flew into a tree. I was elated.

its things like that which make me think the world aint all that bad, well just for those few seconds anyway. Bird of prey,Bird of prey, flying high,in the sky.

Our cat caught a bird once and wouldent let it go, so I shook the cat till it dropped the bird.The bird instantly flew to the nearest tree and hung upside down for about 5 minutes then it flew away.

Had a similar incident, I got the kids to fetch my cricket bat, my theory was giving it altitude would help it sort itself out.

Lazy fecker just went up and down until I got bored.

its things like that which make me think the world aint all that bad, well just for those few seconds anyway. Bird of prey,Bird of prey, flying high,in the sky.

Methinks someone else is 'flying high in the sky' this sunny Sunday afternoon ;)

That bird has no luck, first it flew into a window and then straight in to a tree.

• Like 1

I hate birds. They crap all over everyone's cars at work because of their nice little environmentally friendly car park with trees in the corner of every bay. I'd happily shoot them but apparently we're not allowed to bring guns into work :rolleyes:

Back when I worked as a games tester, we weren't allowed to park in the huge cemented car park near the building (we weren't Microsoft employees, we worked for an agency so we were specifically treated differently to Microsoft employees).

Instead, we were given this gravel car park surrounded by trees - the complex was out in the Warwickshire countryside, beautiful place - to park in and our cars were constantly bombarded with bird shit day in day out. It wasn't bad enough that we had to park under trees, but the arseholes actually put up a load of bird feeders to encourage birds to shit all over our vehicles. 

That was just one of many ways we were treated different to Microsoft staff. It was absolutely ridiculous. Apparently they did it to keep the divides clear so we didn't ever sue Microsoft claiming that we get some of the same benefits as Microsoft employees so we should get the other ones too. Never mind the fact that we all signed contracts clearly stating we weren't entitled to these things and that we worked for the agency.

Methinks someone else is 'flying high in the sky' this sunny Sunday afternoon ;)

nope, not today. Aint even had a swig of alcohol. I'm enjoying feeling good.
  • Like 1

nope, not today. Aint even had a swig of alcohol. I'm enjoying feeling good.

He didn't say Alcohol... ;)

Edited by AVFCforever1991

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â