General Chat

AVFCLaura

my old man had a bit of an episode when somebody spiked his drink, long story short, he was put in a cell in RAF quarters and 20 minutes later came back having smashed the cell door out of its frame

my old man had a bit of an episode when somebody spiked his drink, long story short, he was put in a cell in RAF quarters and 20 minutes later came back having smashed the cell door out of its frame

bloody hell. Was he naturally a strong man or was it because he had lost it that much his strengh levels risen to unhuman levels.

Anyone else do a P87 fuel expense tax return thingy?

Done mine today, eligible for £1300 (I get 25p a mile so claimed my mileage at 20p) put that I'd like it paid direct to my bank, does anyone know when I can expect it? And if I get all of it?

Someone at work said that it wouldn't be until next year now

bloody hell. Was he naturally a strong man or was it because he had lost it that much his strengh levels risen to unhuman levels.

He was already a strapping lad admittedly (factory worker that moonlighted as farm labour, dock labour and a bricky), but yeah it was basically just a burst of ridiculous strength. Steel bolts through a steel frame were bent and concrete knocked out of a concrete wall. Put it like this, he chased 5 military police out of the building. We all know what pansies MP's are.

He wasn't very well for the next couple of days after that though. MP's had their photo taken with him a couple of days later, all smiles and thumbs up.

Scary as a little kid seeing your dad going the full incredible hulk. I think I realised about then that when I was regularly beating him up in the garden he probs wasn't giving it 100%.

• Like 1

Anyone else do a P87 fuel expense tax return thingy?

Done mine today, eligible for £1300 (I get 25p a mile so claimed my mileage at 20p) put that I'd like it paid direct to my bank, does anyone know when I can expect it? And if I get all of it?

Someone at work said that it wouldn't be until next year now

somewhere between 6 weeks and 6 months

I've done so many miles I can't apply for P87, I've got to switch to self assessment which is a pain 

He was already a strapping lad admittedly (factory worker that moonlighted as farm labour, dock labour and a bricky), but yeah it was basically just a burst of ridiculous strength. Steel bolts through a steel frame were bent and concrete knocked out of a concrete wall. Put it like this, he chased 5 military police out of the building. We all know what pansies MP's are.

He wasn't very well for the next couple of days after that though. MP's had their photo taken with him a couple of days later, all smiles and thumbs up.

Scary as a little kid seeing your dad going the full incredible hulk. I think I realised about then that when I was regularly beating him up in the garden he probs wasn't giving it 100%.

its fair to say I would of broken the record for the 100 metre sprint if I would of been there. That's some strengh.

Head chef walked out/fired Saturday night for double jobbing it by the owner even though the restaurant im in will soon be closing (no one is ment to know) leaving me right in the shit with quite a lot of booking to come over the next few weeks, owner wont hire anyone else and the other girl working is a trainee basically leaving me to do everything, now I have been offered a few jobs so should I leave and tell him to stick it (one weeks notice) even though he has no one else coming in. or continue on knowing he is  closing in the next few weeks and he probably wont tell anyone untill the day he does as suppliers will be all over him ...

What does he propose to do for you when he closes down the restaurant? I.e. will you be out of a job?

If so (that's the way I've read it) then you should be off out of the door taking the best offer you've been given and you should also consider telling all of the suppliers that this bod is planning to do the dirty on.

Yup when he closes all staff will be let go ...suppliers "burned"

Look after yourself mate. Loyalty doesn't pay the bills does it? 

Agbonlahor-001.jpg

• Like 1

I've been working with kids for nearly 6 years now and have never gotten into a situation where I've been anyway near scared of a child.

That changed today. I'm doing a 2 week placement at a school for children aged 4-11 with behaviour, social and emotional needs. Small classes, lots of staff etc. Never seen anything like it. There's one kid. 6 year old girl. Looks like a normal girl. Sweet, friendly, polite and gets on with her work. But apparently she just flips if she's in a certain mood. Like she's been possessed. Hair goes over her face. Eyes glaze over. Voice goes deep. Gets ridiculous strength. Took 3 people to restrain her last time she flipped. She's about as tall as my legs.

Utterly terrifying what mental health does to some people. Even worse than it's a bloody child. So sad.

Haha that's what I do mate but with boys aged 11-19 but the primary focus is special needs and the social and emotional needs run along aside. I love it, it can be really tough but some of the results we get are miraculous. That girl could mature and with age learn to cope with her issues.

3 people to restrain a 6 year old sounds a bit much though! Just out of interest, is it common for mainstream teachers you know to be offered 'restraint' or positive handling training these days?

I've been working with kids for nearly 6 years now and have never gotten into a situation where I've been anyway near scared of a child.

That changed today. I'm doing a 2 week placement at a school for children aged 4-11 with behaviour, social and emotional needs. Small classes, lots of staff etc. Never seen anything like it. There's one kid. 6 year old girl. Looks like a normal girl. Sweet, friendly, polite and gets on with her work. But apparently she just flips if she's in a certain mood. Like she's been possessed. Hair goes over her face. Eyes glaze over. Voice goes deep. Gets ridiculous strength. Took 3 people to restrain her last time she flipped. She's about as tall as my legs.

Utterly terrifying what mental health does to some people. Even worse than it's a bloody child. So sad.

Haha that's what I do mate but with boys aged 11-19 but the primary focus is special needs and the social and emotional needs run along aside. I love it, it can be really tough but some of the results we get are miraculous. That girl could mature and with age learn to cope with her issues.

3 people to restrain a 6 year old sounds a bit much though! Just out of interest, is it common for mainstream teachers you know to be offered 'restraint' or positive handling training these days?

Hopefully she will. They think she'll be diagnosed as a schizophrenic, but they don't diagnose that young. 

Nah. It's just something offered when necessary. I will probably never need to positively handle a child in a mainstream setting, or if I did the occasion would be so rare that it wouldn't be worth the training. As I'm just there for 2 weeks, if something kicks off we just stand back. (or get the **** out of the way basically)

Edited by StefanAVFC

Handed in an application for my dream post at my dream school today.

Wish me luck guys  :wub:

Shortlisted :-)

Interview Thursday 8th!

Good luck.

I have an interview on Friday myself...

• Like 4

Handed in an application for my dream post at my dream school today.

Wish me luck guys  :wub:

Shortlisted :-)

Interview Thursday 8th!

Good luck.

I have an interview on Friday myself...

Nice, where for? (I assume internal move)

Handed in an application for my dream post at my dream school today. Wish me luck guys  :wub:

Shortlisted :-) Interview Thursday 8th!

Good luck. I have an interview on Friday myself...

the police finally collared you then?

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â