General Chat

AVFCLaura

scrambled eggs with a bita pepper on some nice pan bread nomnom.

fried eggs though, unhealthy and oily and put on top of cripsy bacon on top of soda bread, covered in brown sauce and topped with another slice of soda. **** yes.

The perfect bacon sarnie does not involve brown sauce, and I'll fight any man to the death that argues with me on this point.

The perfect bacon sarnie is thick crusty bread, lightly spread with ketchup followed by 2 rashers per sarnie, topped with a fried egg and chopped fried mushrooms (big mushrooms, not those pathetic button things)

I love brown sauce but it destroys a bacon sandwich. A sausage and tomato sandwich is another matter...then it's brown sauce all the way.

Worryingly (or not) for the both of us, I agree with all you've said, mate. :D

Where's a law and order thread to bring us back to a sane state of affairs? :winkold: :P

Feel free to start one and I'll be calling you the C word within 3 posts, I guarantee it :P

Although I have come over all liberal since that TV debate last week it has to be said. I think I need to drink my way through this worrying phase but the thought keeps nagging at me that all the really intelligent people I admire are all liberal, but I'm nothing like them :?

High heels are pretty horrid (unless they're on boots).

56594245-250x250-0-0_Red+Patent+Knee+High+Heel+Womens+Boots+Size+10.jpg

Phwoar!

;)

I had a bird years ago who used to wear boots like that on the odd occasion...like the retard I am I packed her in cos I thought she was a bit slutty. What I wouldn't give for a bird that's a bit slutty these days.....

I had a bird years ago who used to wear boots like that on the odd occasion...like the retard I am I packed her in cos I thought she was a bit slutty. What I wouldn't give for a bird that's a bit slutty these days.....

Oh, age and wisdom. :lol:

Both brown and red sauce destroy the aforementioned sarnie.

You know something....you might be right, I don't think I've ever tried it without.

I might just do that in the week, I'll report back on my findings. I have tried the sarnie with ketchup, HP, Daddies, Mayo (don't laugh) BBQ sauce and about 4 types of mustard but never without any sauce at all.

Oh, age and wisdom. :lol:

She had 38 DD's too :x

I was about 25 at the time, she was the same age but had a 4 year old, was terrified of getting pregnant again so the first night I went back to hers and had no johnnies she just shrugged her shoulders and said the immortal line "I'll have to give you a blowjob then, I'm not getting pregnant again"

For about 6 weeks after that I was insisting that the machine in the gents was on the blink....I was a real rocket polisher back in those days :D

You know something....you might be right, I don't think I've ever tried it without.

I might just do that in the week, I'll report back on my findings. I have tried the sarnie with ketchup, HP, Daddies, Mayo (don't laugh) BBQ sauce and about 4 types of mustard but never without any sauce at all.

I can understand the sarnies you've gone for but for a good bacon sarnie one needs to rely upon good quality bacon. Spend twice as much on the bacon and don't include the extras.

Then again, this isn't bad bacon:

bacon-bikini-nsfw.jpg

I can understand the sarnies you've gone for but for a good bacon sarnie one needs to rely upon good quality bacon. Spend twice as much on the bacon and don't include the extras.

Then again, this isn't bad bacon:

bacon-bikini-nsfw.jpg

That looks more like kippers to me, but that's an alternative breakfast option that isn't up for discussion here.

I have to disagree about the humble bacon sarnie though - it doesn't matter how much you spend on the bacon, eggs ALWAYS improve the sandwich. I won't debate the sauce but the accompaniments I'll argue about, right here, right now.

That looks more like kippers to me...

They wouldn't be kipping were I to have my way. :P

the accompaniments I'll argue about, right here, right now

If it's proper, quality bacon then any 'accompaniment' will be more than a distraction, it'll be a hindrance.

Good meat don't need nothing else!

Eggs is for egg and bacon; bacon is for bacon.

You're being too Heston Blumenthal about a proper bit of nosh. :winkold:

I'm hungry aswell, getting an ulster fryyy in the morning though before class.

You haven't lived until you've had an ulster fry.

Had one years ago....I feel another "oh shit that was a bad nights sex" story coming on so I won't continue.

That looks more like kippers to me...

They wouldn't be kipping were I to have my way. :P

the accompaniments I'll argue about, right here, right now

If it's proper, quality bacon then any 'accompaniment' will be more than a distraction, it'll be a hindrance.

Good meat don't need nothing else!

Eggs is for egg and bacon; bacon is for bacon.

You're being too Heston Blumenthal about a proper bit of nosh. :winkold:

:D

Not happy about the Heston comparison, he's a true berk.

If I'm honest about it then boiled bacon tops rashers every day of the week anyway, especially the smoked stuff. In sandwiches, in meals, in every way you want to serve it then boiled bacon>fried rashers.

Yep, a boiled bacon sarnie needs no accompaniment.....but fried bacon needs eggs and mushrooms.

(where's Laura, we need her inane input at this point, surely?)

Not happy about the Heston comparison, he's a true berk.

:oops: Sorry.

If I'm honest about it then boiled bacon tops rashers every day of the week anyway, especially the smoked stuff. In sandwiches, in meals, in every way you want to serve it then boiled bacon>fried rashers.

Yep, a boiled bacon sarnie needs no accompaniment.....but fried bacon needs eggs and mushrooms.

(where's Laura, we need her inane input at this point, surely?)

I agree about the quality of boiled bacon (I'd even shove in the idea of a beautifully roasted ham) but I wouldn't discount a nice dry-cured smoked bacon. Dry-curing = yum.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â