General Chat

AVFCLaura

Weddings are as cheap or as expensive as you want them to be. 

If you can afford it, and you want to have a mega-do, fair enough. 

But people who get themselves into debt for the sake of having a flash wedding are barmy, IMO. 

We (and our parents) had **** all money when we got married, so we did it on a budget, and (like Seat68's) it was great. It was all about having friends and family around, really. 

TBH, even if we'd had more cash we wouldn't have spent it on the wedding, we'd have put it towards a house deposit. But whatever floats your boat, I guess. 

• Like 3

did my wedding on a shoestring in 99, buffet at a local pub said adieu to the older people, hired a bus to transport the rest of us to Blast Off, had a great night, got the DJ to play "our song" and had the first dance with my bride to size of a cow by the wonderstuff. Wouldnt change a single thing about the day and cost to me was bus hire and entry into blast off.

You old romantic. ;)

• Like 1

You getting married then?

Yep.  In Santorini in about 6 weeks.  Excited, but skint!

Mike - our wedding isn't THAT expensive compared to the national average (although that in itself IS expensive I guess) but we're building in things that we really want to do.  It's not a case of keeping up with the neighbours, or wanting to show off on Facebook, but just that we want to have our day our way.

We're also factoring in that the wedding has taken on extra meaning now, but I'll elaborate on that in the not too distant future ;)

You getting married then?

Yep.  In Santorini in about 6 weeks.  Excited, but skint!

Mike - our wedding isn't THAT expensive compared to the national average (although that in itself IS expensive I guess) but we're building in things that we really want to do.  It's not a case of keeping up with the neighbours, or wanting to show off on Facebook, but just that we want to have our day our way.

We're also factoring in that the wedding has taken on extra meaning now, but I'll elaborate on that in the not too distant future ;)

Marrying a dude, and having a Star Wars themed wedding, dressed as Imperial Stormtroopers? 

• Like 2

I have 17 days holiday left for the rest of this year. I'm planning on going on a lads holiday in late August, so I need to save about 6 or 7 days for that.

But I'm thinking of taking off 3 or 4 days in June for the world cup.I'm debating if it's a silly idea to take days off to watch football.

I have 17 days holiday left for the rest of this year. I'm planning on going on a lads holiday in late August, so I need to save about 6 or 7 days for that.

But I'm thinking of taking off 3 or 4 days in June for the world cup.I'm debating if it's a silly idea to take days off to watch football.

Won't most games be at night anyway?

I don't think its silly at all. I've taken days off to do nothing... least you'll have the football to enjoy! 

I've got all my 2014 holiday to take (6 weeks) before end of the year so may have a week off in the World Cup as well. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â