General Chat

AVFCLaura

Got a job interview tomorrow, out of the blue, didn't even apply for it.

Haven't been to one since 2006. Has things changed? Nervous!

things have changed a lot now, normal procedure is to introduce yourself with your tackle out and to answer ever question with, "you know what im saying bruv?"

Im sure you will be fine though mate, if you didn't apply for it, there's no pressure? More so if you have been picked for an interview without applying thhen thrh obviously think your capable of doing the job

• Like 1

Couple of weeks ago me and my mates started a Leisure League 6 a side team. Our first official game tomorrow, however have had a few games against uni students but the local league has just started again this weekend so we can go into that.

There are a few teams our age from what I have gathered but for the most part we're the youngest team in it so bit of a double edged sword really. Think we're going to be on the end of a few rapings. -_-

Proper good laugh though! Anyone else play in it? Any tips? Think my tactical genius has settled on the 1-3-1 formation... ;)

Forget formations. They'll go out the window from minute one. You don't need them in 6 aside.

Get your defending sorted and you'll be OK. Doesn't matter how good you are attacking (to an extent) if you can't defend in 6 aside you'll get torn apart.

Everyone marks someone at all times. If you're not marking someone and the other team have the ball, then you're in the wrong.

Its a great laugh either way. But in play on 2 teams. One team is good and we win a lot and we're just about to win our league.

The other team is **** dreadful and we lose pretty much every single week.

And let me tell you, the novelty of playing soon wears off when you're shit :D

Yeah, with the formation we just tended to have one person at the back at all times, one person up at all times, and everyone else did whatever in between. 

We lost 2-0 against a team who have been playing for a few years apparently so worked quite well together, but were utterly awful and we should have won the game. (I sound like Lambert I know ;) )

Was a proper good laugh and looking forward to next week. #WeGoAgain

Yep that's how you should approach it. Always have one man back. Even if they have not attackers left forward. Its too easy to break in 6 aside to commit everyone forward.

And always have one man forward so if they make that mistake you can punish them.

But that one man forward and one man back shouldn't be set. If you find yourself furthest forward then you are the striker, and if you find yourself the last man to join an attack, you are the defender.

There just isn't enough time to fall back into a set position.

We have one guy on our Monday team and he plays left back. Without fail. Even if no body is there. Drives me mad

• Like 1

We basically play 2-1-2, with one of the defenders being pretty good on the ball so he'll push on a bit when we're in possession. Ultimately it depends on the quality of your players. We have one lad who's a fantastic defender, but he's slow on the ball and a poor passer. There's no reason for him ever to really pass the half way line. Problem is if you end up with players just running all over the place and play "last man back" is you'll let in goals/miss chances if your players aren't in areas of the pitch that suit them.

To stay in your general position just takes a bit of discipline. Only way you'll find yourself out of position is, well, if you go out of position which there is no need to do.

Hmmm I disagree. I just think 6 aside is way too fluid to play proper positions.For example, if you're playing wide right, and the man you're marking makes a run across the pitch, do you just let him go because you don't want to go out of position?

If you do then someone else will end up marking two people and you'll be marking nobody.

And if you do follow him, which you should imo, you'll then end up at left back and if your team suddenly breaks are they supposed to wait for you to get back to the right wing? IMO you just take up the position you're nearest to and someone else fills in.

That's not to say you don't have preferred places. You'll naturally have one guy who tends to be the defender and another who tends to be a striker and another who tends to run things in the middle etc

But I don't think you can play rigid positions in 6 aside. You basically play man to man. The punishment of leaving 2vs1 is huge so you have to just follow your men.

but like I said, we're not exactly the best 6 aside team the world has ever seen, so maybe we're doing it wrong :)

When living in London we formed our own 5 a side team - London Villa at the Mill Hill Power League. Got our asses kicked nearly every week, but it was a good laugh with a good group of lads. Got mentioned in the Villa Middlesbrough programme from the 08/09 season. That was the game where Sidwell did that horrendous back pass for Tuncay to score the winner late on. 

Got a job interview tomorrow, out of the blue, didn't even apply for it.

Haven't been to one since 2006. Has things changed? Nervous!

things have changed a lot now, normal procedure is to introduce yourself with your tackle out and to answer ever question with, "you know what im saying bruv?"

You should conduct the interview in the style of a premier league footballer.

Lots of sniffing and start every answer with "as I say", "obviously" etc.

When they inevitably as you about your personal achievements or over coming issues and problems state that its a team event, you're just pleased for the lads and its the result that matters.

Basically try and offer the absolute minimum amount of actual opinion in the entire time whilst trying to cleary get out the room as quickly as possible.

We need a ''at work'' version of Villa Talk. Just plain black and white with no clue that this is a Villa Forum. So that when colleagues walk past my desk in the office they won't know I'm on here when I should be doing some work. 

• Like 1

We need a ''at work'' version of Villa Talk. Just plain black and white with no clue that this is a Villa Forum. So that when colleagues walk past my desk in the office they won't know I'm on here when I should be doing some work. 

Yes, this would be a great idea. Limpid, could such a theme be created? I imagine it might be tucked away for those who have donated as it would ideally be advertless.

I was on a bus, had a bottle of water and was struggling to try and put things in my bag. I put the bottle down beside me but the bus suddenly jerked forward and it spilled out over the seat...! My shorts got a bit wet, I didn't want to face the person who would sit next to me at the next stop, so I got up and moved to another seat.

The look on the face of the person who sat there was a picture.

Am I bad?

And yes, they touched the damp patch and put their hand to their nose. Who on earth tests for piss like that??

Yes, this would be a great idea. Limpid, could such a theme be created? I imagine it might be tucked away for those who have donated as it would ideally be advertless.

The site is running at a loss at the moment as people can't/won't stop swearing. If we get the adverts back that cover the costs (or find another advertiser which isn't so PG), I'll see what I can do. I'm not going to pay out more than I am from my own pocket, sorry.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â