General Chat

AVFCLaura

Spooky! (part 2)

Since I mentioned the girl in a hat, there's now a boy in a hat!!

He looks like he hasn't blinked for years.

In fact, he looks like he's just watched Viila-Sheff Utd.

I need you to do a test for me, to make sure you're ok, which of the following people do not blink? -

giphy.gif

blink.gif

Edward%2BNorton%2Bblinking.gif

Any clues?

I don't know if it's true, or how to check it, but I read somewhere that if the world's wealth were distributed evenly - everyone getting the same income - most western middle class people think they would be worse off. In fact they would all be massively better off. Which is kind of borne out by the statistic above.

If we're talking income, as opposed to wealth...

Global GDP (aka Gross World Product): US$85 trillion (purchasing power parity

Per capita: US$12,400

(both are 2012 figures)

So it's probably reasonably likely that if your gross (before PAYE and NI) income is over GBP 7500 per person in your household (so somewhere around GBP 5000 net?), you're earning more than your share.

Any more unusual spelling and pronunciations of names because this is quite the thrill?

Did I ever post about the fellow I used to know whose name was Henry, only to give you an idea of how much of an individualist he was, he spelled it Hen3ry (the three was silent, you see).

I know this post is several days old, but that's where the silent 3 in my username comes from. (Which incidentally is an old Tom Lehrer routine.)

Edited by heid3ster
  • Like 2

Any more unusual spelling and pronunciations of names because this is quite the thrill?

Did I ever post about the fellow I used to know whose name was Henry, only to give you an idea of how much of an individualist he was, he spelled it Hen3ry (the three was silent, you see).

I know this post is several days old, but that's where the silent 3 in my username comes from. (Which incidentally is an old Tom Lehrer routine.)

What silent 3?
  • Like 1

What silent 3?

2562674-y.jpg

• Like 1

Nominated for what?

Basically, you do a video on FB of yourself necking a pint and you nominate 2 people after doing it. It can be a pint of anything really. As long as it's alcoholic and/or disgusting.

BBCJTS applications from tomorrow... who here was applying again?

That was me.

Sweet :)

I'm planning ahead, I have put a few UCAS applications in - just for something to fall back on - but I want this BBC thing so much! Keep me updated with how you get on. :)

Will do mate. I'm applying to jobs in the meantime, in fact I have an interview tomorrow and I'm through to the final three on another one. It's not really a fallback though, I'm not expecting to be selected for this BBC thing. I'm probably a bit too old anyway.

Good luck to you to though and keep me posted.

Will do mate. I'm applying to jobs in the meantime, in fact I have an interview tomorrow and I'm through to the final three on another one. It's not really a fallback though, I'm not expecting to be selected for this BBC thing. I'm probably a bit too old anyway.

Good luck to you to though and keep me posted.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Good luck with the interview tomorrow - but it would be so good if both of us got on (hell, that is unlikely!) but stranger things have happened!

:thumb:

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â