General Chat

AVFCLaura

I don't know if it's true, or how to check it, but I read somewhere that if the world's wealth were distributed evenly - everyone getting the same income - most western middle class people think they would be worse off. In fact they would all be massively better off. Which is kind of borne out by the statistic above. 

who's to say that billionaire hasnt done a 60 hour week in order to pay for that helicopter?

whereas those without a pot to piss in have happily sat at home doing **** all but moan that they dont have a pot to piss in

obviously stereotypes aplenty but some people do deserve what they have, why should the taxman get to take more off them and give it to people who dont deserve it? if that was the case we might as well all give up

• Like 1

who's to say that billionaire hasnt done a 60 hour week in order to pay for that helicopter?

whereas those without a pot to piss in have happily sat at home doing **** all but moan that they dont have a pot to piss in

obviously stereotypes aplenty but some people do deserve what they have, why should the taxman get to take more off them and give it to people who dont deserve it? if that was the case we might as well all give up

The 3.5billion people aren't the cast off **** benefit street.

I suppose you think the people in China that are pretty much enslaved, making a pittance and worked ridiculously hard to make us some Apple and Samsung phones, and the people being worked to death in dangerous conditions to build some stadiums so we can watch the World Cup should just get on their bike, or maybe their canoe.

Well, why does a billionaire need a billion? How much is enough? In my opinion, at least, people need to have some monetary motivation given that we live in a capitalist world, so I wouldn't prevent people from making money and filling their houses with shit, but I would say a billion is too much and no one person is worth it.

And when I say poor, I mean poor; I mean a family of six sharing a shack in the outskirts of Lagos. How on earth anyone can justify excessive and unnecessary wealth (which, by the way, has been created ex nihilo for the most part) when the majority of the world would do anything to have a warm house and a steady supply of food, which we take for granted, is beyond me, especially when a more equal global society is possible with concerted effort, and it doesn't require stripping the wealthy of all their money and becoming some horrid communist dystopia, but it does require some degree of fairness.

But it's all moot. Things will go on as they are for the foreseeable future. People will dodge taxes and squirrel away their billions in off-shore accounts as if it makes a **** difference in the end, because we live in a society that worships the self above all else. In the long run it isn't sustainable, and who the **** are we kidding, this relentless pursuit of wealth by a tiny fraction of the world's population comes at a huge cost, environmentally and socially.

• Like 2

(which, by the way, has been created ex nihilo for the most part

I wasn't buying your argument, then you went all pretentious on us and tossed out a bit of casual latin for no reason, so I'm sold.

• Like 1

If I had say, a million pounds, id buy a house for £150,000, put £350k to one side and spend the £500k on having people killed who I don't like. Specifically Russell Brand.

And mayby noel fielding if I have enough left

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 2

If I had say, a million pounds, id buy a house for £150,000, put £350k to one side and spend the £500k on having people killed who I don't like. Specifically Russell Brand.

a house for £150,000  ???

wouldn't you be worried all the neighbours were b'noses?

£150k, hee hee, it's like when my nan thought £2 was enough in a birthday card.

• Like 1

my problem is resolving these issues through taxation of the rich

I'm not arguing that working / living conditions don't need improving globally but tax doesn't work like that and never will

poor working conditions in china and poor living conditions in nigeria wont be improved by taxing billionaires 

a house for £150,000 ???

wouldn't you be worried all the neighbours were b'noses?

£150k, hee hee, it's like when my nan thought £2 was enough in a birthday card.

I'm not after some bijou house, a non descript 3 bed semi where I can put a sofa on the front lawn and drink miniatures at 11am whilst watching an armchair burn

• Like 1

Spooky! (part 2)

Since I mentioned the girl in a hat, there's now a boy in a hat!!

He looks like he hasn't blinked for years.

In fact, he looks like he's just watched Viila-Sheff Utd.

• Like 1

Spooky! (part 2)

Since I mentioned the girl in a hat, there's now a boy in a hat!!

He looks like he hasn't blinked for years.

In fact, he looks like he's just watched Viila-Sheff Utd.

I need you to do a test for me, to make sure you're ok, which of the following people do not blink? -

giphy.gif

blink.gif

Edward%2BNorton%2Bblinking.gif

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â