General Chat

AVFCLaura

Another blue ribbon moment for mindless bureaucracy

Before you whine about an airline temporarily losing your luggage, think of poor Boujemaa Razgui. [snip]

A similar story: 

A neighbour of mine spent several years building an amazing working scale model of a WWII U-boat. You could open the panels to see all the inside details, and it actually moved, dived and surfaced by radio control electric motors. Even had its own authentic docking area, based on the St. Nazaire pens. Eventually he decided to sell it and put it on eBay. It sold to a guy in the midwest of the USA - I don't remember the price, but it was considerable, and deservedly so. 

Anyhow, he crated it all up in wooden boxes, padded to the nth degree, and meticulously labelled as to contents. 

The US Customs decided it was potentially a drug smuggling device, broke open the case, and smashed the model to bits to check the insides. Having decided it was clean, they sent the debris on to the recipient. Both buyer and seller were heartbroken. 

Pretty Woman on BBC1 now. A nice romantic tale of a rich guy who pays a hooker, falls in love with her and wins her heart by buying her expensive stuff. That's about the just of it isn't it? I think I'll watch aliens again.

No doubt she was a hard working honest hooker whilst he was a tax dodging rich guy though....

Thankfully I've never seen the film ... Nor am I ever likely to

Pretty Woman on BBC1 now. A nice romantic tale of a rich guy who pays a hooker, falls in love with her and wins her heart by buying her expensive stuff. That's about the just of it isn't it? I think I'll watch aliens again.

Isn't that the George Osborne story they were trying to keep out of the papers?

• Like 1

Nope I've never seen it either and have no inclination to watch it, a girl at work didn't believe me when I said I had never seen dirty dancing, I was equally as shocked when she said she had never seen Zulu

What?! Zulu is a classic!

No doubt she was a hard working honest hooker whilst he was a tax dodging rich guy though....

Thankfully I've never seen the film ... Nor am I ever likely to

No...it was that fundamental lack of realism in the plot that put me off.

Aliens however...

It's the opposite end of the spectrum though isn't it, every female on the planet has seen dirty dancing whilst every male has seen zulu

Isn't it the law or something that You aren't a real man until you've seen Zulu for about the 12th time ?

It's the opposite end of the spectrum though isn't it, every female on the planet has seen dirty dancing whilst every male has seen zulu

Isn't it the law or something that You aren't a real man until you've seen Zulu for about the 12th time ?

I can't remember the specifics but you are not far from the mark with that one

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â