General Chat

AVFCLaura

Just coming back from picking my brother up from work when I see my sisters car about to turn into our road from the other side "Oh no, she'll take my parking space!" so I drove up close and my brother suggested "Keep flashing your lights until she pulls over" so I flashed them a couple of times before the car indicated and went somewhere else. It wasn't my sister at all :blush:

• Like 2

I hate refs in every walk of life. They're shit whether I'm playing or watching. 

We've had some joke ones in our Sunday league as well. Hope there's good refs in the British American Football League for when I play this season.

Not sure it's a case of getting a free pass, Brian.

It's more that they (the government) have eventually caved in and given a pardon - something which they have been bare-faced about not doing for the past decade or more (regardless of colour of tie).

Edited by snowychap

Human rights campaigner Peter Tatchell said: "I pay tribute to the government for ensuring Alan Turing has a royal pardon at last but I do think it's very wrong that other men convicted of exactly the same offence are not even being given an apology, let alone a royal pardon.

"We're talking about at least 50,000 other men who were convicted of the same offence, of so-called gross indecency, which is simply a sexual act between men with consent."

I doubt those men will be getting a royal pardon (or apology) any time soon.

Not sure it's a case of getting a free pass, Brian.

It's more that they (the government) have eventually caved in and given a pardon - something which they have been bare-faced about not doing for the past decade or more (regardless of colour of tie).

My post was ambiguous. I meant the government shouldn't get any credit (any free pass) for something they should have done a long time ago. The fact they've done it now should still raise the point of their dawdling rather than any undeserved kudos.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â