General Chat

AVFCLaura

I was always neutral on the idea of whether it was better to own or rent.

There's a lot of grief and responsibility with owning, not least, having invested 25 years of debt into a property you can very quickly end up with some properly bad neighbours. The bad neighbours can reduce the value and stop you selling up and moving.

But I've noticed lately that rents are just crazy, really far higher than I expected and certainly locally they appear to be higher than mortgage repayments. I'd feel pretty bad paying out more to rent (i.e. the folks across the road from me), than to actually end up owning the place.

House prices are ridiculous, another broken system. We need to build a million homes for sooo many reasons.

im moving in january hopefully, rented for 7 years in 3 different properties, 1st 2 were both great for the 1st month then the problems started... got a couple of mates who bought £150k 2 bedroom flats 5 years ago, not sure they made a better choice tbh

my rent for a 3 bedroom house is £650, my mortgage for a slightly bigger and worth about £20k more is looking like £950 a month!

I owned a house once, over an hour from where I live, but the town and surrounding area was and is basically an economic wasteland, very few jobs, rampant poverty, no hopers everywhere. I fixed it up and sold it right before the market tanked.

I like being flush, but I don't have that equity that comes with ownership. Mixed feelings on home ownership. People make it out to be the end all be all, but everyone's circumstances are different. The fit has got to be just right, at least for me. And the price, of course...

I really want to apply for the 'BBCJTS' (Google it) just wish I had more confidence... The shit end to my year has knocked me for 6. Aaarrrggghhh.

I really want to apply for the 'BBCJTS' (Google it) just wish I had more confidence... The shit end to my year has knocked me for 6. Aaarrrggghhh.

You should go for that mate. From reading your posts on here I think you'd be very good in a journalistic field so good luck with it if you apply and I hope you don't regret it too much if you don't.

You should go for that mate. From reading your posts on here I think you'd be very good in a journalistic field so good luck with it if you apply and I hope you don't regret it too much if you don't.

Cheers mate :)

Got a little experience -

http://m.iwcp.co.uk/news/newsitem.aspx?rurl=news%slsnews%slsbestival-2013-in-the-dogg-house-50877.aspx&utm_referrer=

Just had a rough end to the year with illness and losing people close to me, which has made me so tired.

Really nice post though, thank you. :)

I'm going for that too. You never know how you might feel in the new year. Might as well go for it either way dude. I'll see you on the course this time next year, yeah? ;)

• Like 1

I become a home owner in about 10 minutes.

Well done  :)

I got on the property ladder 5 months ago after renting in the area for 6 years. It was the right decision for me. I have got a bigger property and my mortgage is roughly the same as my rent.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â