General Chat

AVFCLaura

I don't believe in ghosts obviously. But I did once see an "Orb" and I wasn't the only person in the room to see it, both of us completely sober and of sound judgement. I don't believe it to have been a trick of the eye there was nothing around us to have caused that and there was no "suggestion" from either of us.

It was a real, physical object. About 9 inches or so in diameter, a sort of shimmering matte white rather than glowing. It appreared, moved slowly approximately a foot across the room then vanished. The whole process took maybe 5/6 seconds.

Science has yet to offer me a reasonable explanation other than we both went completely bonkers at exactly the same time, or ball lightening of which it does not fit the description at all.

AIDS. The bad kind.

• Like 2

I don't believe in ghosts obviously. But I did once see an "Orb" and I wasn't the only person in the room to see it, both of us completely sober and of sound judgement. I don't believe it to have been a trick of the eye there was nothing around us to have caused that and there was no "suggestion" from either of us.

It was a real, physical object. About 9 inches or so in diameter, a sort of shimmering matte white rather than glowing. It appreared, moved slowly approximately a foot across the room then vanished. The whole process took maybe 5/6 seconds.

Science has yet to offer me a reasonable explanation other than we both went completely bonkers at exactly the same time, or ball lightening of which it does not fit the description at all.

AIDS. The bad kind.

resized_jesus-says-meme-generator-jesus-

What do you do for a living? , maybe we could swap for a bit!

Accounting.

Yeah let's swap. I promise accounting is definitely as exciting as snowboarding.

Ah er..numbers..offices...Nah.

I was hoping you were a lion tamer or something

I pulled a girl in Magaluf this year by telling her I was a dolphin trainer.

Will that work on you?

(that poor girl was so excited abotu coming to birmingham and swimming with the dolphins)

What was she retarded or something?!

Makes sense.  On Noel's Christmas Presents they usually send special kids in with the dolphins.

they should rub tuna on the kids and uncle Noel and make it a televisual death match treat

I suppose there are very few celebs happy to rub down a small child with tuna these days, policitcal correctness gone mad.

So this is why Baselayers head hurts:

BBC

Sochi 2014: Snowboarder Jenny Jones concussed after crash By Nick HopeBBC Olympic sports reporter

British slopestyle snowboarder Jenny Jones will be out of action until the new year after suffering concussion in a training crash in Austria.

Jones, 33, is hoping to compete at the Winter Olympics in February when slopestyle makes its Games bow.

She underlined her status as a Sochi 2014 medal prospect by winning World Cup silver in August.

"Due to a concussion I will be spending Christmas in the UK this year," said the three-time X-Games champion.

Fake an injury to get Xmas off work.  I like it! :thumb:

• Like 1

So this is why Baselayers head hurts:

BBC

Sochi 2014: Snowboarder Jenny Jones concussed after crash

By Nick HopeBBC Olympic sports reporter

British slopestyle snowboarder Jenny Jones will be out of action until the new year after suffering concussion in a training crash in Austria.

Jones, 33, is hoping to compete at the Winter Olympics in February when slopestyle makes its Games bow.

She underlined her status as a Sochi 2014 medal prospect by winning World Cup silver in August."Due to a concussion I will be spending Christmas in the UK this year," said the three-time X-Games champion.

Fake an injury to get Xmas off work.  I like it! :thumb:

She's having a bad few days first a dose of the shits now this .....what next ....

Big bit of dust

I also just read that article about Double J. Here is the Jenny Jones Factfile from the beeb

Jenny Jones factfile

Jones started snowboarding aged 17 at her local dry slope. After leaving college she spent a season working as a chalet maid in Tignes, where she would win Euro X Games gold more than 10 years later in 2010.

Now that is some good factage

Edited by hogso

Question for Rev in regards to

Late-night Virgin train passengers 'can't get off' at Nuneaton

A late-night train from Birmingham to Manchester is unable to make a scheduled stop because the operator of one station refuses to keep it open at that time, it has emerged.

Rail campaigners said the situation - which affects the new 22:50 GMT Virgin Trains service - was "a farce".

The Pendolino train gets into Nuneaton, in Warwickshire, every night at 00:39, but the station closes at 11:30.

London Midland, which runs the station, declined to comment.

'A right pickle'

Mark Whitelegg, from the Nuneaton, Bedworth and Hinckley Rail Users' Group, said: "The new service was brought in on 9 December but it became clear Virgin had advertised it without consulting London Midland.

"They now seem to have got themselves into a right pickle.

"People have booked tickets to Nuneaton and they can't get off at the station. Instead Virgin is paying for taxis to get them from Rugby to Nuneaton."

Mr Whitelegg said many other London Midland stations were left open at night and he could not understand why Nuneaton station had to close.

"First of all, Virgin made a hash of introducing the service by offering something they couldn't deliver," he said.

"But now London Midland seem to be very inflexible about providing a solution.

"We're hoping we can meet with them both to sort out this farce."

A spokesperson for Virgin Trains said the service was due to arrive at Nuneaton "significantly later" than the station's current closing time.

He added: "We have had to withdraw this stop. We are looking for solutions to this issue. But, in the meantime, online systems have been amended to remove the stop at Nuneaton."

sauce

Why won't they keep Nuneaton station open for those poor people who want to get off but can't? Are they all lazy at the station or something? I think they are. There are never enough people in the ticket office for one.

Also, would a potential solution to 'resolving this issue' be passengers jumping off the trainas it goes through Nuneaton?

One of the shit things about privatisation.   London Midland run the station at Nuneaton, seems they aren't prepared to pay somebody to be there until 1am. 

There appears to be a factual error in the article too, the train would be a London to Manchester train, not a Birmingham to Manchester train.   :P 

(I used to work at Nuneaton, maybe ten years ago.   The last London - Manchester train of the day stopped at Nuneaton back then, in fact if you wanted to go from Birmingham to Manchester as late as possible in the day then you could leave New Street at 11pm and change at Nuneaton for that one)

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â