General Chat

AVFCLaura

Let this website be thy friend

http://www.wtfnasa.com/

'NASA spin-off technologies' is an overview wikipedia page that gives a small idea of what they've paved the way for. I think NASA's return per dollar spent is more than any other government-funded body by an order of magnitude. They're enormously under-appreciated and (as chrisp demonstrated) dismissed as little other than a curiosity and a band of nerdy hobbyists.
  • Like 1

is nobody going to lecture me on the pens that write upsde down?

There's a common misconception that the clever Russians just brought pencils. In fact that's not true as the graphite from pencils is extremely conductive and jammed extremely sensitive equipment on-board making them very dangerous to use in space. But anyway, I don't want to reveal the ending to the wonderful journey you're about to go on ! :)

Yes the benefits of nasa space programme but ...inda really would be better off spending on infrastructure first ..thats what I ment

I agree.

Given that a third of the world's poorest people live in India, perhaps the money would be better spent elsewhere.

• Like 1

Yes the benefits of nasa space programme but ...inda really would be better off spending on infrastructure first ..thats what I ment

Has someone stolen some of your vowels? - maybe India are looking for them? I heard they are planning a Countdown before the space flight  .....

Has someone stolen some of your vowels? - maybe India are looking for them? I heard they are planning a Countdown before the space flight  .....

Yes

Ys

Fixed for you :-)

• Like 1

I knew what you meant (and I completely agree) which is why my response was directed solely towards chrisp :)

I knew what you meant (and I completely agree) which is why my response was directed solely towards chrisp :)

so what's the max number of poor people or the minimum health care allowable for a country wishing to spend money on space stuff?

looks a bit arbitary to me

so what's the max number of poor people or the minimum health care allowable for a country wishing to spend money on space stuff?

*shrug* How the **** would I know? :D I never claimed to be an expert on India. I like their food and I know they're crippled with poverty. And I'd like to go there.

is nobody going to lecture me on the pens that write upsde down?

Isn't the story / myth that NASA spent millions developing this pen so that their astronauts could write upside down in space

The Russians just gave their cosmonauts pencils

Yeah, even the US has loads of homeless people and many more living in poverty.

*shrug* How the **** would I know? :D I never claimed to be an expert on India. I like their food and I know they're crippled with poverty. And I'd like to go there.
I've been...

Nothing else to add just thought I'd piss you off :)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â