General Chat

AVFCLaura

generic use of word coke!

I think Beefeaters and the like are usually Pepsi

How about generic uses of the words 'Red Bull' when ordering a drink in a pub/club where you end up getting any one of several luminescent (probably radioactive) alternatives that taste vaguely similar to the original. But which cost the same and which the pub don't feel the need to tell you you're getting until it's too late.

Drink anything with 'Redbull' and you're going to have a bad time.

Oh I dunno. I think the exact opposite :) Either that or I forget completely.

Pretty sure I've come dangerously close to a few heart attacks over the years.

I want to be killed by the real thing at least. Imagine the embarrassment of being killed by Monster or the like! Morto!

Drink anything with 'Redbull' and you're going to have a bad time.

Oh I dunno. I think the exact opposite :) Either that or I forget completely.

Pretty sure I've come dangerously close to a few heart attacks over the years.

I want to be killed by the real thing at least. Imagine the embarrassment of being killed by Monster or the like! Morto!

I think Monster killed a kid recently didn't it?  Seems like my fear of monsters as a child was justified after all.

You do hear of kids dropping dead drinking those drinks from time to time and I believe there are certain people who don't metabolise phenylalanine all too well. So it can be a case of 'take your chances' and expose a previously underlying issue. Hard to know really. They do certainly get the old ticker beating faster from experience.

Yeah I don't doubt that, but it's a common misconception that the caffeine is what gets ya!

Changing tack a bit, I don't understand how people have the time and energy to post so much in such detailed debates during the day.

Yeah I don't doubt that, but it's a common misconception that the caffeine is what gets ya!

True. There are many misconceptions about caffeine. A lot of people don't realise tea has plenty of it too.

There are even misconceptions within that misconception though!

People say crap like 'I don't drink tea because it has more caffeine than coffee'.

True.

What they fail to grasp is that the amount of 'pure' tea you are actually exposed to in a normal sized cup is far less than in a cup of coffee. 

• Like 2

There are even misconceptions within that misconception though!

People say crap like 'I don't drink tea because it has more caffeine than coffee'.

Yarp. You throw out far more caffeine (in the leaves in the bag) than you consume.

Interestingly (or not), I've recently found tea a better start to the day than coffee. I would have coffee an hour or so later, to get my arse into gear, but tea seems to be better first thing in the morning.

With the bairn up for most of the last few nights, I'm willing to try narcotics to stay coherent during the working day at the moment!

Bad times when a toddler has a cold.

My class at school have commented on the bags under my eyes.

They find it hilarious.

Buggers.

Changing tack a bit, I don't understand how people have the time and energy to post so much in such detailed debates during the day.

That's when you know you've made it to the big time. Earning a decent salary while browsing the net all day

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â