General Chat

AVFCLaura

yeah, it does actually coincide with a lack of live music on my part too

I am the original binge drinker, nothing for quite some time and then play the no two drinks can be the same game and have a lost weekend.

• Like 1

I'm the exact opposite. I have a drink almost every day, but only a small amount (rarely more than one or two bottles of beer or half a bottle of wine).

Any more than that and I'm utterly crippled by the hangover, so I rarely binge drink.

I've never experienced a 'hangover' as such, if hangover includes a bad head / headache.

I've only ever had 2 or 3 headaches in my life at all and non were drink related.

I do tend to be physically ill, get super sleepy, have stomach cramps and generally feel dog rough if I've really really gone binge tastic. But no, never a headache.

Which incidentally, leads me to remember that as a kid, we used to have paracetemol parties. Spectacularly stupid, I'd freak if I thought my kids did that. Couple of paracetemol and then a few cans of strong.

chrisp65, on 14 Oct 2013 - 2:47 PM, said:

yeah, it does actually coincide with a lack of live music on my part too

I am the original binge drinker, nothing for quite some time and then play the no two drinks can be the same game and have a lost weekend.

we could be twins  :)

A lot my friends think I put beer on my cornflakes in the morning but reality of it is that pretty much all of them drink more than me in a month  .. I just happen to save my month up for one night  :)

my next beer probably wont be until 29th Nov ... 12 of us going up to Nottingham for the weekend  .. Friday night Comedy club , Sat Notts County v Brentford (or comedy club 2 as it's being billed ) and then sat night will probably start in Hooters and end up in whatever flea pit I can find that is still open come 4am

the other 11 have already started taking bets that I will stay in the pub rather than go to the football  :)

well without wishing to turn this into a love in, my next scheduled drink is 2nd December, an Alabam 3 gig where I've already booked the following day out to non specific meetings!

then, just to prove we are brothers by different mothers, my next scheduled drink will be at a Billy Bragg gig (spare if you're interested Tony!!!) - fight the power, man, fight the power!

I've never experienced a 'hangover' as such, if hangover includes a bad head / headache.

I've only ever had 2 or 3 headaches in my life at all and non were drink related.

Amazing. I've had innumerable hangover headaches like you wouldn't believe, to the point where I've been in tears and genuinely wishing for death. And it can go on for hours (even days in extreme cases). Doesn't even take that much drink (I've never got anywhere near some of the excesses described here on VT).

Probably a good thing, in that it's kept me from being an alky.

Thing is, I do love booze. But I stick to the same strategy as CED.

Edited by mjmooney

I'm usually pretty good at the old binge drinking , but there's something about Stella that tips me over that edge

You're not alone. Stella is renowned for behaviour you don't get from other lagers. It's the Buckfast of the lager world. A mate of mine gets extremely beligerent on it to the point where his Mrs won't let him drink it (and he agrees with her).

I'm the exact opposite. I have a drink almost every day, but only a small amount (rarely more than one or two bottles of beer or half a bottle of wine).

Any more than that and I'm utterly crippled by the hangover, so I rarely binge drink.

I can't do that beer at home type thing , it's not even cause of the kids , as I've never done it  ...  it's like it's all or nothing for me !!

cause of my IT background I spend a lot time fixing mates , neighbours computers for them  .. they always bring around some beer or wine to say thank you  , and I never drink the stuff  .. I have to rely on my dad coming around to knock a few cans off for me !! ... some of the beer in my fridge in the garage i found the other day had an expiry date of 2008 on it  , we opened one up and this can of lager was a rather dark brown colour and smelt bloody awful !!

I don't expect anything when I mend the computer for them but I'm sorta tempted to start handing out cards saying "Oh by the way it isn't necessary , but if you really do feel the need to thank me , buy me a bar of Toblerone or Cadbury's DM , not beer or wine  !!)  ... zero chance they would ever expire around me

Weird, much of the booze stashed around my place is thank you booze from people I've knocked out a few building drawings for.

I don't charge (so there's no liabiltiy when it falls down!), so they bring a bottle. It generally gets recycled as Christmas presents if its any good.

I do drink in the house on occassion, but a bottle of red or white will generally have the last glass or two poured away after being open a week. I currently have a bottle of port and a bottle of whiskey, both opened last Christmas I reckon.

I don't 'binge' these days. A few ales and maybe a whiskey and that is that. Nice wee buzz, still in control.

Hangovers aren't worth the trouble.

Yeah. Normally I'm too bloody busy to afford the time for a hangover. Plus it's nicer to just spend a night with a 'glow' around you rather than trying to crawl through your letterbox when you realise you've forgotten your keys.

Why have Scousers tried to claim standard beef stew by calling it 'Scouse'?

I think it's the other way around. There are lots of local words for the same foodstuffs (e.g. baps/breadcakes/cobs/stotties, etc.)

They were calling it scouse before it caused them to be called scousers.

I'm usually pretty good at the old binge drinking , but there's something about Stella that tips me over that edge

You're not alone. Stella is renowned for behaviour you don't get from other lagers. It's the Buckfast of the lager world. A mate of mine gets extremely beligerent on it to the point where his Mrs won't let him drink it (and he agrees with her).

I always use to think it was a myth until recently, but I'm the same on it, it turns me into a right horrible prick.

chrisp65, on 14 Oct 2013 - 3:37 PM, said:

majority of visits to the pub these days include a family meal and I'll generally stick to diet coke

If only you had said Diet Pepsi or Pepsi Max  instead of Diet Coke    .. now you've just ruined our beautiful twinship

I always use to think it was a myth until recently, but I'm the same on it, it turns me into a right horrible prick.

it's not known as wife beater for marketing purposes :)

few of my friends GF's , wife's have said they know when he's been on Stella as he is a different sort of drunk  ..clearly has some wonky chemical in it

anyway the aim is to give it a wide berth going forward  ....

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â