General Chat

AVFCLaura

my nipper has come home from school with a letter:

'good news! we have 10 places available on a trip to Florida this coming January......due to the short notice we require a £100 deposit this week with the remainder (a further £1,300) to be paid before Christmas. What a great Christmas present this would make for your child!'

really cheesed me off that my nip actually thought there was a chance of me raising £1,400 this side of Christmas because the school had made it sound like a great deal

there was a second letter......

'we are going to Sorrento next March, set out Thursday, return Monday: £630'

dream on local comp, dream on

• Like 1

my nipper has come home from school with a letter:

'good news! we have 10 places available on a trip to Florida this coming January......due to the short notice we require a £100 deposit this week with the remainder (a further £1,300) to be paid before Christmas. What a great Christmas present this would make for your child!'

really cheesed me off that my nip actually thought there was a chance of me raising £1,400 this side of Christmas because the school had made it sound like a great deal

there was a second letter......

'we are going to Sorrento next March, set out Thursday, return Monday: £630'

dream on local comp, dream on

Sounds like some teachers fancy a free holiday

I'm going to Aberdovey in November. 32 screaming kids, with myself solely responsible for 15/16 of them (the lads) in (practically) winter in the riviera that is mid Wales.

Got about as far as Harvington Hall in Kidderminster when at school. Some old house where they used to hide Catholic priests will really interest a group of school kids.  :rolleyes:

The Sorrento trip at £630 for what is a long weekend also covers a trip to the volcano and Pompei and a boat trip up the coast. So there are trips out.

But out of curiosity I did go on Expedia, the same week I can book a half decent modern hotel and flights for a family of 4 for £600.

I'm going to Aberdovey in November. 32 screaming kids, with myself solely responsible for 15/16 of them (the lads) in (practically) winter in the riviera that is mid Wales.

My kids' school pretty much stopped doing school trips because of the prohibitive insurance costs, the risks of litigation in the event of any accidents, and the massive amount of health and safety paperwork involved.

My kids' school pretty much stopped doing school trips because of the prohibitive insurance costs, the risks of litigation in the event of any accidents, and the massive amount of health and safety paperwork involved.

And Jimmy Saville was the headmaster ....

And Jimmy Saville was the headmaster ....

Actually it was this person.

492293.jpg?type=articlePortrait

I paid £600 for 2 weeks in Barbados in 2008. 

What the jizzles is £630 for Sorrento covering? Golden sheets and Egyptian cotton earbuds?

£600 for 2 weeks in Barbados? Did they make you swim there?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â