General Chat

AVFCLaura

Thanks guys! Still trying to figure out what to do on a Tuesday night before St. Patty's Day.

Besides celebrate the 3 points we get today I mean!

It's Paddy's Day or Patricks Day, NEVER Patty's Day!!

Happy birthday ClaretMahoney.

With the end of uni career coming up I've spent agood hour or so tonight looking at buying a bottle of absinthe, since my circle of friends have long said we'd like to try it (the proper stuff, or at least as proper as it gets these days, as opposed to the stuff that's just high alcohol spirits with the name slapped on the front). I was leanign towards what seems to the be the biggest UK name on it, La Fée, but apparently they're crap. So, long shot, anyone know of any decent ones that aren't horrifically expensive?

Happy birthday ClaretMahoney.

With the end of uni career coming up I've spent agood hour or so tonight looking at buying a bottle of absinthe, since my circle of friends have long said we'd like to try it (the proper stuff, or at least as proper as it gets these days, as opposed to the stuff that's just high alcohol spirits with the name slapped on the front). I was leanign towards what seems to the be the biggest UK name on it, La Fée, but apparently they're crap. So, long shot, anyone know of any decent ones that aren't horrifically expensive?

There's an awful lot of crap written about Absinthe, so I empathise with you wading through it all. I've had a couple and this was my favourite by a **** mile and then some, however on that link they give it 3/100. It reminded me most of Salmiakki Koskenkorva if you've ever had that.

I guess, like whisky or brandy there's so much depth (Would you give someone Lagavulin for their first whisky?) and whilst the purists will go for one sort, numpty me will go for something very different. I also have a bottle of this on my shelf which is absolutely **** rank. I've tried everything to make it not taste like meths (whereas the other one I could drink neat). I've had times when we've been up all night caning all kinds of liquids, pills and powders but that thing remained untouched.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â