General Chat

AVFCLaura

Shipwrecks fascinate me.

brilliant website for shipwrecks and all things abandoned. http://www.artificialowl.net/

That's my evening sorted, thanks!

once you get to grips with navigating that site you can sit there for hours, ive found it best to use the country list on the bottom left hand side

I used to work for a software house servicing the Lloyds of London reinsurance market, and big scale shipping insurance is one of the most labyrinthine things imaginable. Nested recursion to the nth degree. That ship will probably also sink a few insurers who have gambled beyond their means.

Yeah I can't imagine how anyone could be the insurer of something like that ship and its contents and actually financially survive a claim. It's mental.

Exactly, it's all about laying off bets. So when the thing goes under, it triggers not just one claim, but a massive chain of them, domino style. And some companies (no names) will stretch themselves beyond what they can actually pay out on, and hope to **** that the worst won't happen. But if it does, you get a pretty major shit/fan interface!

My friends job at BP was to sell the oil as it was put into the tanker and then buy it back as it docked at its destination port

That way any insurance risk was someone else's and the double bonus was any disasters at sea meant it wasn't BP's name splattered over the news

An ice cream van played 'Greensleeves' earlier.

Is that normal?

I believe Thom Yorke is trying to stop ice cream vans playing this in a dispute over royalties

It's my wife's birthday tomorrow (VT Username  = ME )and she has had a hellish few weeks . Her nan died unexpectedly , Her dad is struggling with his cancer and her uncle was today involved in a life threatening car crash .

If possible it would be nice if as many VT'ers as possible would bombard her inbox with happy birthday messages as I know it would cheer her up as she is one of those nutters  who love their birthdays.

Thanks in advance.

Carl.

your missus is a star mate

• Like 1

It's my wife's birthday tomorrow (VT Username  = ME )and she has had a hellish few weeks . Her nan died unexpectedly , Her dad is struggling with his cancer and her uncle was today involved in a life threatening car crash .

If possible it would be nice if as many VT'ers as possible would bombard her inbox with happy birthday messages as I know it would cheer her up as she is one of those nutters  who love their birthdays.

Thanks in advance.

Carl.

your missus is a star mate

Shall be done!!

An ice cream van played 'Greensleeves' earlier.

Is that normal?

Serious answer, yes it's normal. They've been playing that for years and years.

Greensleeves was one of the first songs I learnt on the guitar when I was about 8, and I was proper chuffed with it because it was "that song the ice cream van plays"

Greensleeves was one of the first songs I learnt on the guitar when I was about 8, and I was proper chuffed with it because it was "that song the ice cream van plays"

Did you play it with all your joy, delight and with a heart full of gold?

So Gay and Powell are out of the Moscow worild championships because of drug offences, and then suddenly Blake pulls out because of an injury. I think it is safe to say Bolt will comfortably win the World Championships. I would argue Ryan Bailey and former drug cheat Gatlin are now his main rivals, but with those 3 out, he has a clear path to gold

So Gay and Powell are out of the Moscow worild championships because of drug offences, and then suddenly Blake pulls out because of an injury. I think it is safe to say Bolt will comfortably win the World Championships. I would argue Ryan Bailey and former drug cheat Gatlin are now his main rivals, but with those 3 out, he has a clear path to gold

Has there been any word from Bolt on any of this? 

I love watching Bolt run but there is that horrible nagging feeling that he'll also be using or used sometime in his career.

Bolt has said nothing, but I guess he does not need to. Even though he is the face of athletics, he hasn't as of yet done anything wrong so he would probably try and distance himself from the issue of drugs and those involved.

Bolt has said nothing, but I guess he does not need to. Even though he is the face of athletics, he hasn't as of yet done anything wrong so he would probably try and distance himself from the issue of drugs and those involved.

Maybe he has run away (fast)

Both annoy the crap out of me, but based purely on looks? Luisa. Though I caught a bit of that episode where they looked at the final five in detail and Leah's sister was smoking hot. So Leah's sister ;)

Leah looked far more attractive on the show but Luisa has scrubbed up well in those photo shoots and does look more "filth"   plus there are some topless shots of her doing the rounds on the interweb

tough choice indeed  ....

but for the record  I wouldn't employ either of them as they are deluded and clueless

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â