General Chat

AVFCLaura

Saw this on an airline's website.

Extra Cuddly Guests (Guest of Size)

If you are a guest of size and don’t feel comfortable in a single seat, you’ll need to book two seats for yourself. You must also allocate your two seats together (the standard seat allocation fees will be charged).

Oh shite, that cricket thing is back.

Off goes the radio until September.

You're kidding?

ffs

Tennis, Eggball, Cricket, Horses Racing... I'm sick of it all

Tennis and athletics are OK. And I quite like watching the TdF simply for the scenery (I've no idea what's going on with the actual cycling). But no interest whatsoever in cricket, rugby, horse racing, motor racing or golf.

Bring back the footie.

I hate cricket.

It's so boring. There are plenty of sports that I find boring but don't hate. But cricket gets so much airtime for something that is so mind numbingly dull that it annoys me.

• Like 1

God invented cricket to teach the English the meaning of eternity.

Anyway.

When did the 'applause' first come into use? Who sat around, clapped their hands together, and decided it was a good way to show approval/support etc?

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

God invented cricket to teach the English the meaning of eternity.

Anyway.

When did the 'applause' first come into use? Who sat around, clapped their hands together, and decided it was a good way to show approval/support etc?

I believe small heath 'ladies' team were the first to experience the clap

• Like 3

I've been to see Cricket and Snooker live, they're much better live, when you're having a drink with your mates.

Can't speak for Rugby or anything, but until you've tried it, don't knock it :)

When the light box in the studio came on.

large-applause26.jpg

Cricket is wonderful... the test series against Australia is the ultimate contest. In 2005, when we regained the Ashes, that was just a fantastic summer :) I can take or leave limited overs cricket as I don't class it as 'proper' cricket.

I'm starting to prefer other sports like rugby union and cricket more than football now. I think it just shows how my love affair with football has been soured by greed and money that is in it.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â