General Chat

AVFCLaura

Haim?

We have a winner. Cheers

Can anyone here suggest songs like Lonely Boy by The Black Keys and Float On by Modest Mouse for a cover band to play. We're running low on ideas. We want something fast that people can dance to, but that's also really popular with people between the ages of 20- 28

What's the name of that all girl rock band? They're pretty recently famous. Their name is one syllable. Had a hit with a song with a pretty generic name. Name is something like Pave, or Hone or something

We've Got A Fuzzbox And We're Gonna Use It

What's the name of that all girl rock band? They're pretty recently famous. Their name is one syllable. Had a hit with a song with a pretty generic name. Name is something like Pave, or Hone or something

We've Got A Fuzzbox And We're Gonna Use It

They were from Acocks Green! 

i can give you loads of fast paced indie disco songs for that age but if you're after something as bluesy as lonely boy i think you'll struggle, if i saw you playing id be happy with the likes of last night, local boy, dont look back in to the sun, scummy man, black and white town etc etc

So I've been upsetting my Missus lately with some of my views on the world. I don't intend to upset her, but whatever I rip into tends to be a favourite of her family. The problem is that I do like a good moan, and when I go, I tend to go all out. No holds barred.

I'll give you some examples:

1) The mirror newspaper is exclusively for idiots, with The Sun being even worse. Daily gossip rags designed for those who prefer to look at pictures than read words.

Her mum buys the Sun every day, and her dad has been a Mirror reader for most of his life.

2) Carling is made by distilling the devil's urine, only desperate alcoholics and children would voluntarily purchase it.

Her mum drinks the stuff religously.

3) In response to an advert for children's cereals filled to the brim with chocolate, I stated, "Who the hell gives their kids a bowl full of chocolate for breakfast".

Her sister gives said cereal to her children every morning.

4) Tattoos of animals and other random images plucked from the tattoo studio wall are ridiculous, lack imagination and are the trademark of tramps.

You get the idea by now.

5) Serial purchasing of scratchcards on a daily basis flies in the face of all logic and reasonable thinking, the past time of idiots.

6) There's nothing sadder than seeing people queued up outside the local labour club waiting for it to open.

This was particularly offensive, as the observation was made immediately after driving past her uncle (who I'd never met) waiting outside one such establishment. 

7) Nearly forgot this one; ITV is for idiots. Their shows are deliberately dummed down to cater for the jobless f*cks who spend all afternoon watching cr*p rather than getting off their arses to go and do something constructive with their lives.

Again, her mum is a serial subscriber to ITV, particularly during the day.

Am I being harsh? Maybe I should just keep my mouth shut, but that's just not me.

Edited by Shillzz
  • Like 1

A while ago the mother in law was showing me some pictures of a night out she had, and I asked why was Jabba the Hutt standing in the background? It was only one of her close friends

Luckily she has a good sense of humour and the whole family were pissing themselves at my comment

Edited by villarule123

Looks like you married the wrong woman, Shillzz.

I agree totally with all seven points you list there. Fortunately for me, so would my missus.

A while ago the mother in law was showing me some pictures of a night out she had, and I asked why was Jabba the Hutt standing in the background? It was only one of her close friends

Luckily she has a good sense of humour and the whole family were pissing themselves at my comment

Reminds me of the time when former poster WiggyRichard was showing us his wedding photos. One particular poster made a remark about the back cleavage present on one of the Bridesmaids. Needless to say it turned out to be his sister.

Edited by Shillzz

I agree totally with all seven points you list there. Fortunately for me, so would my missus.

I think it's a conflict that's arisen due to my middle class (or atleast upper working class) background, and her working class background. I'm slowly educating her around to my way of thinking, but I do find the in-laws quite frustrating. Though I'd imagine she may also raise a disapproving eyebrow when my folks break out the Ciabatta and Balsamic vinegar.

Aye, me too.

apart from the words past time.

should be pastime. :P

Never really got why people get so hung up on what Newspaper someone else reads

if they want to read the Sun or the Mirror then let them get on with it  .. does it change my life one iota  ... nope

I remember when I first started going out with the now wife ...she never understood the collection of loaded and fhm mags . had to throw them all out 

why ?

Mrs H may not understand but she wouldn't expect me to throw anything out , in the same way that neither would I of her

OK I did say that if she ever made the kids dress up in traditional Hungarian folk costumes I'd divorce her on the spot but other than that it's all  give and take  

whats wrong with scratch cards? dont get me wrong im not one of these who buys £20 worth at time (the most ive seen was £50 of one type of card) but if ive spent say £3.98 in a shop i'll more than likely buy one rather than have the change

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â