The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

8 hours ago, cyrusr said:

Decided to grab a last minute day ticket for bloodstock tomorrow. Been a few years since been to a festival so looking forward to it🤘

My grandson is going on Saturday, he loves Architects and Unpeople so its handy they are on the same day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I'll be there on Saturday too. Whitechapel, Malevolence, Sylosis and Architects should be a good evening

He, my grandson, loves Architects but over the past 6 weeks has been seeking out much heavier music, Lamb of God, Children of Bodom etc so my hope is that he uses Bloodstock to sample that end of the metal spectrum. 

• Like 1

Yeah for me Opeth/Clutch/Enslaved is going to be great but it was Green Lung & Eternal Champion that pulled me back over as not seen either live before, particularly relistening to Green Lung recently. 

Have pretty much made a full day on the clashfinder as well which is a good sign, just got to try and get there for 11.20 to catch Burner on the 2nd stage.

@Seat68, your grandson is genuinely cool; I know that this is tutelage from your daughter but it’s awesome.

1 minute ago, cyrusr said:

Yeah for me Opeth/Clutch/Enslaved is going to be great but it was Green Lung & Eternal Champion that pulled me back over as not seen either live before, particularly relistening to Green Lung recently. 

Have pretty much made a full day on the clashfinder as well which is a good sign, just got to try and get there for 11.20 to catch Burner on the 2nd stage.

@Seat68, your grandson is genuinely cool; I know that this is tutelage from your daughter but it’s awesome.

To be fair he also likes absolute dogshit but appears to have found his groove. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

To be fair he also likes absolute dogshit but appears to have found his groove. 

What like Taylor Swift and country? Where would he have got that from… :trollface:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

What like Taylor Swift and country? Where would he have got that from… :trollface:

Absolutely not. It’s one area he really does not like. 

Think I'll probably be ready to bail before Korpiklaani, but plenty of stuff I'm looking forward to, with a few gaps to jump into the new blood tent.

ZaveMID.png

• Like 1

I thought it was a weak weekend this year for my tastes, but I'll tell you what they don't **** around on, lineup announcements, no pissing around for 6 months with blind sales like Download.

This has sold me a weekend ticket for next year, absolutely stonking lineup

8 bands I want to see there already. Expected Gojira and Trivium to end up at Download, that's a coup for Bloodstock

if7vCpl.png

Edited by Davkaus

11 hours ago, Seat68 said:

He, my grandson, loves Architects but over the past 6 weeks has been seeking out much heavier music, Lamb of God, Children of Bodom etc so my hope is that he uses Bloodstock to sample that end of the metal spectrum. 

Heard good things about the festival . 

Just now, Davkaus said:

I thought it was a weak weekend for my tastes, but I'll tell you what they don't **** around on, lineup announcements, no pissing around for 6 months with blind sales like Download.

8 bands I want to see there already. Expected Gojira and Trivium to end up at Download, that's a coup for Bloodstock

if7vCpl.png

Don’t like any of them although not heard of done of them. 

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Don’t like any of them although not heard of done of them. 

No need to piss quite so heavily on my chips mate :D 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Heard good things about the festival . 

I went last year for a day, its on the same site as Bearded Theory festival and to be honest Bloodstock, not necessarily line up, but as a festival it is excellent. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I thought it was a weak weekend this year for my tastes, but I'll tell you what they don't **** around on, lineup announcements, no pissing around for 6 months with blind sales like Download.

if7vCpl.png

When they announced I immediately thought you would be down for it. For Gojira is excellent and always have a time for Machine Head. To be honest it took me a minute to realise that Emperor/Lacuna Coil were not headliners (given historically they have been) so they are stepping big up again.

The real surprise for me though is 3 inches of blood. Although they have recently done a couple of local reunion shows but there has been zero suggestion of it being more than that. Will be curious what other touring they have linked with this but if they are on the Sunday then that’ll probably be a day ticket for me.

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Think I'll probably be ready to bail before Korpiklaani, but plenty of stuff I'm looking forward to, with a few gaps to jump into the new blood tent.

ZaveMID.png

If it’s like tonight, Korpiklaani will be utterly rammed as a heads up. I went to catch a little bit of Igorrr before I headed home and although got inside the tent it was busy with a lot of “curious” people. I think that’s why I only went for the day ticket as on this day I would only be overtly fussed for Korpiklaani and I would find stuff to watch; just wouldn’t justify a ticket (same with Sunday).

Today was really good. Green Lung were phenomenal ( @Rugeley Villa, you might like given the 70s stoner rock vibe) and genuinely tempted to go to London next year to see them. Hatebreed were good fun and some other good ones were Burner, Nervosa and Eternal Champion. Clutch had some sound issues were I was standing. Was pretty much watching bands for 12 hours straight which was pleasing.

Opeth sounded good, but I got the impression that Mikael was a little miffed as it was a “fans choice” set and I get the impression they didn’t pick any of the “pure prog” era :crylaugh:

Annoyingly though they have today announced a full UK tour including a show at Symphony Hall which will probably sound incredible and will now put a dent in my wallet (tickets starting from £52…).

• Like 1

On another note, I was at the Taylor Swift show in warsaw last Saturday - what a spectacle!

I got an unbelievably fortunate set of surprise songs that were perfect for me: Today Was a Fairytale / I think He Knows and The Black Dog / Exile, but mostly it was great to see so many young people out having the times of their lives and singing their hearts out (almost as much as me).

Really sad for those who missed out in Vienna due to the terrorism threat.

• Like 2

On 09/08/2024 at 09:14, cyrusr said:

Were Green Lung good? They released my favourite album by a mile last year. I don't get why they didn't go on a big tour this year to capitalise on it, seems a real missed opportunity to me.

15 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Were Green Lung good? They released my favourite album by a mile last year. I don't get why they didn't go on a big tour this year to capitalise on it, seems a real missed opportunity to me.

They were brilliant; absolutely stole the day to be honest. There were a lot of t shirts around the festival (and I may have bought one as well…).

They did go on a uk tour back in December I think but they are doing a couple of big shows in Manchester and London in February next year which are pretty big venues. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â