The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

spacer.png

Ive spent a lovely few hours at this, because, well because it was free to be honest. 
No idea who almost any of the bands were but there were three or four stages so you could choose from 4 lads guitar band, lady with synth, folky fiddle and whistle, overly chatty dj.

All rather grand and good value for money.

• Like 1

Bit of a head scratcher. Bob Dylan has announced some dates in November, including 2 nights at Wolves civic. Surely he could play and fill the NIA??

Bournemouth The BIC, 01 Nov
Liverpool M&S Bank Arena, 03
Edinburgh Usher Hall, 05
Edinburgh Usher Hall, 06
Nottingham Motorpoint Arena, 08
Wolverhampton The Civic At The Halls, 09
Wolverhampton The Civic At The Halls, 10
London Royal Albert Hall, 12
London Royal Albert Hall, 13
London Royal Albert Hall, 14

Edited by Seat68

Suede and Manic Street preachers at Ally Pally last night , its a strange tour as they are alternating the stage order each night as its a joint headline tour 

we had Manics first , they were Ok , sorta played their hits , a minor upgrade on Coldplay in the dull insipid music stakes  

then Suede came on and just took it to another level , think that's the 6th or 7th time I've seen them and arguably their best live performance 

I'd hate to be in the MSP and have to come on after Suede on the alternate nights  , I bet half the audience go home at that point 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

The Manics? Insipid? Coldplay? Jesus wept. 

Just imagine if I tolerated that.

that's a prime example  , its just a dull dull song  ..you wouldn't listen to it in the gym , your wouldn't listen to it in the car .... you'd probably play it in the old folks home after Sunday lunch to put them all to sleep if you worked there  , that's about it 

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

that's a prime example  , its just a dull dull song  ..you wouldn't listen to it in the gym , your wouldn't listen to it in the car .... you'd probably play it in the old folks home after Sunday lunch to put them all to sleep if you worked there  , that's about it 

Sit Down!

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

Seriously, I often wonder if your ears are screwed on wrong

pot kettle and black  

you don't even appreciate some good old bagpipe music :D 

• Haha 3

First non festival gig in a couple of months tonight.

Graphic Nature in the Sal in Nottingham. Probably only 100 capacity, a range of proper ales on tap, and had a pint with the opening act before the show. Give me this over an arena gig any time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

First non festival gig in a couple of months tonight.

Graphic Nature in the Sal in Nottingham. Probably only 100 capacity, a range of proper ales on tap, and had a pint with the opening act before the show. Give me this over an arena gig any time.

You had me right up until the word “ales”

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

You had me right up until the word “ales”

Spirits, tap water, and ice cold urine were also available :) 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Spirits, tap water, and ice cold urine were also available :) 

Tony usually drinks the latter, with a lemonade top obviously

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Springsteen at Wembley last night

not  a huge fan but he gave a stomping 3 hour set and i reckon he’d have easily done another 3 hours if he’d been allowed 

his vocals compared to a lot of  aging rock stars who have lost their voices , were incredible … loved that he makes it as much about the e-Street band as himself  

all in all worth seeing 

Sounds like my experience at Wrigley Field in Chicago last summer.   I've never been a huge Springsteen fan, but college friends and I were getting together in Chicago and it turned out he was  playing there that weekend so we went.  It was a fantastic show.  I would never have seen him in concert if it wasn't for the circumstances, but I'm so glad I did.

• Like 1

Seeing Springsteen last year at VP was great, but the sound let him down. My first concert at Villa Park and based on that, my last. 

Great weekend at Truck Festival.   Perfect weather and incredible performances from Idles, Soft Play and Bob Vylan.

And absolutely loooooooooooooooooooads of Villa shirts.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Springsteen at Wembley last night

Sent my parents to his gig in Stockholm as a Christmas present. Hearing them raving about it makes me think I should have gone myself as well.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Sent my parents to his gig in Stockholm as a Christmas present. Hearing them raving about it makes me think I should have gone myself as well.

our group was mainly people who knew a few records of his  and thought "might as well see him before he retires"   .. I think they were all glad they made that decision , he certainly exceeded expectation 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m not much of a concert goer in general and haven’t been to one since I got sober last year, but the wife and I went to Blink 182 in Minneapolis two nights ago.

I love Blink, and it was a great experience to see them live. Really liked that they played such a wide variety of their music.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â