The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Going to the Foos at VP Thursday.  They certainly are value for money based on how long the set goes on for.  Hoping it will have cooled a little by Thursday evening otherwise it'll be hell in this heat for 6-7 hours.  We've not got the best tickets but I blame Mrs D for that because she decided to buy 4 so the kids can come rather than just 2 and getting better positions.  Should be an excellent night though 😀

On the train home from Bat For Lashes. Good God that woman has a voice like a friggin' angel.

Though, eh, the less said about the spoken word poem bit and the £65 for a tarot card deck at the merch table, the better. 😬

• Like 2

Off to London tomorrow for Ty Segall at Camden Roundhouse. 

someone I’ve wanted to see for a long time so had to get tickets! 

should be a cracker and supported by Earth Tongue (who would go down well with a few VTers!) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Foo's!!!

Here's hoping the service is better than recent gigs here. 

That'll be a nope. Ran out of beer and cider on tap at the bar I'd spent 30 minutes queuing for and the usual general incompetence from the staff. I'm hoping we have a new contractor for next season. 

More importantly, the concert was immense and the audio was really good. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

Fantastic Foos gig tonight. 3 solid hours, brilliant set.  Hot Milk were a good support act, Courtney not so great.  

10 hours ago, MrBlack said:

That'll be a nope. Ran out of beer and cider on tap at the bar I'd spent 30 minutes queuing for and the usual general incompetence from the staff. I'm hoping we have a new contractor for next season. 

Great gig, as always the band put on a great performance.

Unfortunately the catering and staff delivered the same below par performance we have to tolerate each match day. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

just saw they had geezer butler come on and play bass for a cover of paranoid. bet he loved that!

Looked like a really special moment for him. Was an awesome surprise for me too! As the legendary Dave Grohl said of him...

"Some places have home town heroes. Some places have home town f@#£ing heroes"

• Like 3

16 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Would have to agree with this.

The service was average at best. The experience at Anfield a couple of weeks before for Taylor Swift was night and day - we are a long, long way behind there...

Foos were absolutely incredible, and Geezer looked like he'd ticked the final thing off his bucket list. He looked so content. More importantly, the guy can bloody play.

• Like 2

Watching an Oasis tribute act at a tribute act festival in Cheshire. They are as bad as the real thing. Just as bad. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Watching an Oasis tribute act at a tribute act festival in Cheshire. They are as bad as the real thing. Just as bad. 

C'mon You To Me Are Everything is a bona file classic

18 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Ty Segall at Camden Roundhouse - a quality way to spend 120 minutes!

Absolute belter of a gig 🤘

Support band, Earth Tongue were great too 👍

IMG_4956.jpeg

He’s great

• Like 1

Just got back to hotel after night one of Drive By Truckers presenting their legendary (at least among the fan base 😉) 2001 concept album The Southern Rock Opera, which had only been played in its entirety once before this tour. Great stuff at the Fillmore in SF. My photos don’t do justice to how close I was but I didn’t try too hard. I’m not one to have my phone out much at a show, just snap a few and then put the damn thing away 

Any DBT fans up in here? 

IMG-0045.jpg

• Like 1

Â