The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Better hope it’s not Floodstock…. Soz couldn’t resist

Its held had Catton Hall, I was there for Bearded Theory last month and had to have my van dragged out due to the mud. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

My grandson had a great Download. The drummer from Billy Talent gave him his drumstick and the guitar tech gave him some plectrums. A core memory for him I am sure. 

I'd wager the vast majority had a great time tbh, despite the conditions.

Food poisoning obviously isn't their fault, nor are our childcare issues.

The difference in tone was weird though. Last year I moshed my little heart out to some proper heavy bands. The headliners were Metallica (x2), Slipknot, BMTH. On the Sunday I remember a run of Lorna Shore, into I Prevail, into Parkway Drive, into Slipknot, all on second/main stage. It was heavy as ****, I was broken by the end of it, and loved every minute.

This year, it's Fall Out Boy, Offspring, Sum 41, Royal Blood, QOTSA. Very accomplished popular bands, for sure, and it's not a metal exclusive fest, it never has been, but it was an oddly tame main stage, it didn't really feel like a festival for the same audience.

Was a year to skip for me, I think, I don't think I'd ever book blind again.

• Like 1

As an aside, my big toenails are 80% of the way grown back from Bury Tomorrow at Download 2022, at this point I don't think they'll ever be back to normal. My first ever festival and I lost two toenails in the first set :D 

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

As an aside, my big toenails are 80% of the way grown back from Bury Tomorrow at Download 2022, at this point I don't think they'll ever be back to normal. My first ever festival and I lost two toenails in the first set :D 

Have you considered the possibility of you being cursed? 😉

Foo Fighters tonight at London Stadium

not really a fan but everyone that ever sees them seems to rave about them so I thought I’d check them out

at 3 hours on set they certainly give value and it was a good show , but I still haven’t changed my opinion that their music is a bit bland , sorta liked by the same people who like Coldplay 

• Like 2

Africa Oye in Sefton Park

my favourite price

not a cloud in sight

bumping into old friends 

and the smell of weed everwhere

Best the city has to offer year in year out

Even a pint is only £6

IMG_1889.jpeg

IMG_1888.jpeg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bickster said:

Africa Oye in Sefton Park

my favourite price

not a cloud in sight

bumping into old friends 

and the smell of weed everwhere

Best the city has to offer year in year out

Even a pint is only £6

IMG_1889.jpeg

IMG_1888.jpeg

Was meant to be there but the car broke down the night before!

• Sad 1

Don't pop in here often, but was at one of the Taylor Swift Liverpool shows and have the Foo's at VP this week.

TS was brilliant if you can put aside the drowning noise of teenage/early 20-something girls shouting "OMG THIS IS TOTALLY ABOUT/FOR MEEE". She gets a lot of shit, presumably because she's insanely popular and "cool" so it's vogue to hate on her, but she's a hell of a musician and an incredible songwriter - both lyrically and hooks. Im not her target audience, but I've always been a fan.

19 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Don't pop in here often, but was at one of the Taylor Swift Liverpool shows and have the Foo's at VP this week.

TS was brilliant if you can put aside the drowning noise of teenage/early 20-something girls shouting "OMG THIS IS TOTALLY ABOUT/FOR MEEE". She gets a lot of shit, presumably because she's insanely popular and "cool" so it's vogue to hate on her, but she's a hell of a musician and an incredible songwriter - both lyrically and hooks. Im not her target audience, but I've always been a fan.

I think you're going to need to pick a side now that the Swifties are feuding with Dave :D

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think you're going to need to pick a side now that the Swifties are feuding with Dave :D

I did see... Dave is wrong. Surprised he said it really, think it's a bit mean-spirited to call out another "proper" musician. She's clearly not some manufacturered pop artist from the early 00s who's incapable of doing 2 things at once. I think he's a bit pissed she booked up Wembley this weekend before he did...

Anyway, that's for a different thread really. She was great and I've no doubt the Foo's will be too...

4 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

I did see... Dave is wrong. Surprised he said it really, think it's a bit mean-spirited to call out another "proper" musician. She's clearly not some manufacturered pop artist from the early 00s who's incapable of doing 2 things at once. I think he's a bit pissed she booked up Wembley this weekend before he did...

Anyway, that's for a different thread really. She was great and I've no doubt the Foo's will be too...

What did he say?

17 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Our train out of Waterloo (from Foo Fighters) was full of Swifites , I don't think I've ever seen so many belly buttons and sequins skirts /shorts on view in one place before 

was chatting to a few as the train was standing room only , they seemed quite grounded on the whole , couple had graduated , done some travelling and were now looking  for jobs  , but my good were they fanatical when talking about Swift .. I mainly smiled and sneaked glances at their short skirts and navel's , I wouldn't' know a Taylor Swift song if it wore a cowboy hat saying I'm a  Taylor Swift song  ( i lie slightly , I do know "shake it up  " as my daughter played it a few times )

Mate of mine forked out an eye watering amount of money to take his girls to the Wembley show. He's meant to be coming with me to see Air on their Moon Safari anniversary tour this week, but now he's gotten COVID.

I said you'd think the one thing his lungs could use is Air.  He was... not amused.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Incidentally if anyone's in Southampton on Thursday and wants to go see Air, I've got a spare ticket. 🤣

I'd send the sister in law if you promise to dispose of the body afterwards

I am genuinely shocked there is a cultural event in Southampton, let alone one I might be tempted to go to

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Mate of mine forked out an eye watering amount of money to take his girls to the Wembley show. He's meant to be coming with me to see Air on their Moon Safari anniversary tour this week, but now he's gotten COVID.

I said you'd think the one thing his lungs could use is Air.  He was... not amused.

A friend of mine has already seen them on this tour and she has spoken very highly of it. That said when the source material is that good it will always be a great night. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

I am genuinely shocked there is a cultural event in Southampton, let alone one I might be tempted to go to

Having to go to Soton for it is the Faustian part of the bargain.

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â