The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I also went , my first time seeing them. It went exactly how I thought it would in my head. Brilliant band and the musicianship was brilliant. What a unique band they are.  You really are there only for the music because it’s such a trip they take you on. They certainly aren’t for everyone but it was right up my street.  The support band were also interesting. 

I was there too, standing not too far away from JoshVilla. 

The gig was superb from start to finish, a real treat for the eyes and ears. A work of prog metal art. 

There were some proper knobheads around us, apart from the shouters, there were others talking, vaping and generally ignoring the music, crazy. The bunch of kids, of which only one looked anywhere near a possible Tool fan, who were shouting, laughing and clapping during songs, were probably the most annoying. Can't believe they'd paid out £70 a pop to act like that. 

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I have Dale Watson in Chester the week after next. Solo gig as my wife doesnt really know his stuff. Not quite a bucket list gig but its up there. 

I read that as Dale Winton and thought you’d reached a new low 😢

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, bickster said:

I read that as Dale Winton and thought you’d reached a new low 😢

Every week I exceed the last low. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Yep a little steep but desperately want to see them. Allegedly they’re full on live. 

They're terrific live, saw them a few years ago in a pub in Brum.

Amy is a very commanding presence 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turnbull said:

I was there too, standing not too far away from JoshVilla. 

The gig was superb from start to finish, a real treat for the eyes and ears. A work of prog metal art. 

There were some proper knobheads around us, apart from the shouters, there were others talking, vaping and generally ignoring the music, crazy. The bunch of kids, of which only one looked anywhere near a possible Tool fan, who were shouting, laughing and clapping during songs, were probably the most annoying. Can't believe they'd paid out £70 a pop to act like that. 

The lad next to me left on the 12 minute interval. It really was a piece of art. Definitely go and see them again if they get round to touring uk again. Did you see the support band? 

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I have Dale Watson in Chester the week after next. Solo gig as my wife doesnt really know his stuff. Not quite a bucket list gig but its up there. 

Love Dale Watson! Saw him a bunch when we lived in Austin and even got to socialize with him a couple of times. He’s the real deal 🍻

You ever see him in this film?

IMG_9868.jpeg.ef3653c27880ab3695bf541deb3a1e2c.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Love Dale Watson! Saw him a bunch when we lived in Austin and even got to socialize with him a couple of times. He’s the real deal 🍻

You ever see him in this film?

IMG_9868.jpeg.ef3653c27880ab3695bf541deb3a1e2c.jpeg

I did. I can’t recall what I thought of it in all honesty 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

The lad next to me left on the 12 minute interval. It really was a piece of art. Definitely go and see them again if they get round to touring uk again. Did you see the support band? 

Yes, they were very good. I really like Animals As Leaders, seen them live before, so Night Verses were right up my street.

Droitwich is planning a Rik Mayall festival for 2025.

I'd finish it with a last man standing, all in frying pan fight.

• Like 2

Weezer and Smashing Pumpkins tonight at the O2. Not my choice. I am now owed, big time. 
Weezer were actually quite fun and I was surprised by how many of their songs I knew. 

• Like 1

Gary Numan at the roundhouse for me tonight , another childhood memory ticked off 

visually great and sounded great , considering it was 90 mins before I heard I song I knew I thought it was a great gig 

• Like 2

A bunch of nobhead bands signed up for Download, knowing full well that Barclaycard sponsored it, waited until a few days before the festival, and have now pulled out in protest about Gaza :rolleyes:

Fortunately all shite bands I didn't want to see, but what a way to tank your career

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

A bunch of nobhead bands signed up for Download, knowing full well that Barclaycard sponsored it, waited until a few days before the festival, and have now pulled out in protest about Gaza :rolleyes:

Fortunately all shite bands I didn't want to see, but what a way to tank your career

Things like that wind me up so much. It's fine to not play at something if it doesn't fit your moral compass, but do your research before. A lot of people, a lot of paperwork, a lot of time and money wasted there. I'm lucky I've only ever had one person let me down like that, but it's still an absolute nightmare to deal with.

On 08/06/2024 at 22:50, choffer said:

Weezer and Smashing Pumpkins tonight at the O2. Not my choice. I am now owed, big time. 
Weezer were actually quite fun and I was surprised by how many of their songs I knew. 

were SP not good then? i had tickets which i had to sell when i realised it was the same weekend as NOFX in berlin but they've been on my list for ages

saw weezer at reading yonks ago but they were great. like you i realised how many songs i knew

17 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

were SP not good then? i had tickets which i had to sell when i realised it was the same weekend as NOFX in berlin but they've been on my list for ages

saw weezer at reading yonks ago but they were great. like you i realised how many songs i knew

Was that NOFX gig their last ever european date? 

16 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

I always thought SP was a band I’d like if I gave them a shot. I was vaguely familiar with the Mellon Collie album but I don’t think I was expecting so many of their songs to just be a dirge of power chords. Mix that with a distinct lack of stagecraft (BC is the least interesting front man I’ve seen in a long while) and it all ended up being a rather dull event. We weren’t alone in that. Two-thirds of the way through their set, there was quite the exodus and the tube station was already so rammed, we opted for a cab. 

1 minute ago, choffer said:

I always thought SP was a band I’d like if I gave them a shot. I was vaguely familiar with the Mellon Collie album but I don’t think I was expecting so many of their songs to just be a dirge of power chords. Mix that with a distinct lack of stagecraft (BC is the least interesting front man I’ve seen in a long while) and it all ended up being a rather dull event. We weren’t alone in that. Two-thirds of the way through their set, there was quite the exodus and the tube station was already so rammed, we opted for a cab. 

I have seen Weezer a number times and never been disappointed. Not really in the league of Billy Bragg for stage patter but as far as their set goes, incredibly strong. Smashing Pumpkins, for me I would want to hear Mayonnaise and be eying up the doors. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Was that NOFX gig their last ever european date? 

Mainland Europe. They're in London tonight and tomorrow 

• Like 1

Dale Watson tonight in a church in Chester. Solo gig as really I don’t need any one naysaying or interfering whilst I watch him. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â