25 members have voted

1. 1. Pick

• Yes
    • No - we need to work as a team
    • No - I distrust employees from being out of sight
    • No - a working environment creates better results

This poll is closed to new votes

Christ, I'm glad I'm retired.

Although tbf, working for a university was relatively civilised and free from that sort of management attitude. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

We have the 3 day a week rule, but it's not enforced like that

Out of principle I think if you start monitoring workers like that it's a bad move

The Bank I work for has a 40% rule for office attendance. 

Not hitting it is a disciplinary matter and a breach of conduct. Reasoning being they're contracted to be in the office (unless home workers), it's better for collaborative working and not doing so isn't fair to everyone else who is doing ad they're meant to.

However, colleagues are given multiple chances to fix it (polite conversation, then informal disciplinary, then formal etc) and start going in 40%.

It is most definitely being tracked based off card swipes.

I do data privacy in the HR department so see anything to do with colleagues data and have worked on these initiatives to ensure GDPR compliance (especially in regards to monitoring).

I'm just outlining work's policy here and not making any comment on my personal thoughts about it.

Having also led policy and compliance audits on all the Big 4, I'm amazed it's taken them this long to introduce the policy.

Edited by Rds1983

10 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Not hitting it is a disciplinary matter and a breach of conduct. Reasoning being they're contracted to be in the office (unless home workers), it's better for collaborative working and not doing so isn't fair to everyone else who is doing ad they're meant to.

However, colleagues are given multiple chances to fix it (polite conversation, then informal disciplinary, then formal etc) and start going in 40%.

I do data privacy in the HR department so see anything to do with colleagues data and have worked on these initiatives to ensure GDPR compliance (especially in regards to monitoring).

I'm just outlining work's policy here and not making any comment on my personal thoughts about it.

same as my place. a guy i work with works from home every day during office hours. once the mrs has come home and the kids are sorted, he pops to the office and swipes in

his boss is in NY so is none the wiser!

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

same as my place. a guy i work with works from home every day during office hours. once the mrs has come home and the kids are sorted, he pops to the office and swipes in

his boss is in NY so is none the wiser!

I've heard stories of people doing the same and even swiping in when they use the 5-a-side pitches on a Saturday morning. 

I'd maybe warm him that just because they're not currently tracking time in the office and probably only monitoring 'days', that doesn't mean they won't monitor time in the future. 

Many firms are only on early phases of launching things like this and will make changes in future.

10 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I've heard stories of people doing the same and even swiping in when they use the 5-a-side pitches on a Saturday morning. 

I'd maybe warm him that just because they're not currently tracking time in the office and probably only monitoring 'days', that doesn't mean they won't monitor time in the future. 

Many firms are only on early phases of launching things like this and will make changes in future.

i think before this happens, someone will grass him up. there are parents here that make it work, coming in their 3 days and doing their time; seeing someone play the system would give them the hump and it's only a matter of time before they say something to someone

59 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i think before this happens, someone will grass him up. there are parents here that make it work, coming in their 3 days and doing their time; seeing someone play the system would give them the hump and it's only a matter of time before they say something to someone

shit

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

In the Civil Service this is largely how it works now. However, some departments - HMRC and Home Office to name two - enforced 60% from April with the same lines for disciplinary action written in to their HR guidelines. 

Here in the DWP we'd really struggle to move to 60%. We shrank the size of the estate across the country during the last couple of years with 40% attendance in mind, and it would be tough, but not impossible, to get us to 60% now. 

16 minutes ago, hogso said:

In the Civil Service this is largely how it works now. However, some departments - HMRC and Home Office to name two - enforced 60% from April with the same lines for disciplinary action written in to their HR guidelines. 

Here in the DWP we'd really struggle to move to 60%. We shrank the size of the estate across the country during the last couple of years with 40% attendance in mind, and it would be tough, but not impossible, to get us to 60% now. 

is it HMRC or the HMRC?

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Having also led policy and compliance audits on all the Big 4, I'm amazed it's taken them this long to introduce the policy.

60% at the Bank I'm at. Not rigorously monitored as of yet, although they are capturing the data. I think it'll be written into our objectives for 2025. 

My big issue is that the office is absolutely rammed Tue-Thu. Meeting rooms fully booked out. Can't hear myself think sometimes. I often have to log on when I get home to catch up. I've had to decline zoom meetings with clients as I can't get anywhere to have the call in private. That can't be productive. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Christ, I'm glad I'm retired.

Although tbf, working for a university was relatively civilised and free from that sort of management attitude. 

Lot of people at my place are taking early retirement now as the downsides now outweigh the good things about work. Losing a lot of experience and knowledge, and being replaced by people that simply don't care and won't go the extra mile. Its just a tick on a CV before they move on to another role in a couple of years. The way they treat staff nowadays, its not a surprise. 

I dread to think what it will look like in ten years! 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â