The Other Music Thread - DnB, Dub, Reggae, Techno et al.....

trimandson

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
3 hours ago, bickster said:

So I watched the first bit of that video and saw some knob playing a Prodigy sample and pretending to fiddle with some knobs. He's literally miming a DJ Set

I saw "James Hype" and knew not to bother (..yes maybe that makes me a little snobby, but his brand of EDM bores the living crap out of me)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bickster said:

So I watched the first bit of that video and saw some knob playing a Prodigy sample and pretending to fiddle with some knobs. He's literally miming a DJ Set

I don't think he's miming, but it's definitely a very well rehearsed set. Not once did he actively look for his next song, so each track must've been knowing lined up and ready to go on his USB sticks. 

I'm not a major fan of James Hype, but he does use a lot of clever techniques in his sets, just little things that most modern DJs would be too scared to try live. 

9 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

I don't want to spam the board, so I'll ask first - Am I allowed to post a link to my own Mixcloud on this thread? (And others, too).

Cheers squad.

Others have, so in this thread press on with Mixcloud.

Making your own tunes? Then you might choose... 

1 hour ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Recently rediscovered DnB after 10 raveless years.

Hedex's set here is amazing:

I never got into DnB but I do have very fond memories of some late 90's/early 00's magazine (possibly DJ Mag or Ministry Of Sound) with a free cover CD themed as "Trance 'n' Bass" and just having one absolute banger after another.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â