The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Eden_poster.jpg

Very good indeed.

Given the subject matter, it did well to avoid any exploitative cliches and sensationalism, choosing instead a very matter-of-fact tone which worked very well.

Acting throughout is top notch (Beau Bridges is particularly loathsome) and massive kudos to Jamie Chung whose central performance is superb.

• Like 1

Just been to watch Pompeii.

Pretty good with the CHINNNG, CHINNG, CHINK, CHAAAAAAAANG-ing

then there's a bit with this guy and then BIISSSEEEEKEWWWWWWWWWW, BBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

and then the bit where CCCCCCCRREEESSSSSAAAAAAAAAACCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH was good.

9.5/10.

• Like 2

The French Connection  (1971) I decided to watch one of my "Oldies" last night and decided on this. Great film in my opinion .Hard to believe it is more than 40 years since i first saw this film at the cinema .Where has my life gone ! :unsure:

Wasn't the sequel better?

Matt Smith of Doctor Who fame is going to star alongside Arnie in the Terminator reboot, which will also feature Emilia Clarke.

That sounds genuinely bollocks.

I saw that too on total film

Think I'm one of about 6 people who thought the last reboot was ok, the trailers revealed too much but it was ok, shame they didn't carry on with it

At least it wasn't a remake, think there is a place for a good terminator film series set in the future

They should just leave it as it is... Terminator was all about the first 2 movies. You'll never get to that level again

The World's End - bit disappointing. No where near as good as Hot Fuzz or Shaun of the Dead, 

• Like 1

then there's a bit with this guy and then BIISSSEEEEKEWWWWWWWWWW, BBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

and then the bit where CCCCCCCRREEESSSSSAAAAAAAAAACCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH was good.

9.5/10.

You ever thought about writing reviews as a career?

Rush - wow what a great move - and I am really not into cars - stunning a real must see

Bad Neighbours - Some funnny bits - not a bad movie by any means 

Thor Dark World - very disappointing - quite enjoyed the first one - but this was boring, hard to follow and all a bit pointless

Prisoners -  as has been said awesome move

Captian Philips - excellent

9.5/10.

You ever thought about writing reviews as a career?

I currently write film reviews for the Daily Mail.

• Like 1

Calvary - 9/10 - superb film. Absolutely great, really want to see it again soon, has gone straight to the lovefilm reservation list. So much in the film to enjoy and appreciate. The director ( same as The Guard I know ) has such a great ear for dialogue too. Definitely would see it as a dark dramatic film which has comedic moments in rather than a black comedy, the latter description  under sells the film really. Gleeson is his usual brilliance. 

9.5/10.

i didn't understand any of that.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â