The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Just watched A History of Violence (again). Really love that film.

Anything with Viggo in is usually superb.

Except The Road, couldn't get on with that at all. Boring dreary bollocks.

Watching Cloud Atlas sporadically. **** bonkers but actually really enjoying it. I will have to watch it in one go soon and pay more attention to what is happening.

I was surprised by that flick. Very enjoyable. That said, not sure I'd want to watch it again.

Still the best action director working today, nobody touches Cameron for action scenes.

Gareth Evans says hi.

When Evans can direct something other than martial arts then he might be worth considering. E.g the car chase in the raid is poor, it maybe a money thing but it wasn't exciting and a bit dull. The martial arts stuff is superb, but that's all he's managed so far.

Desperately hoping it doesn't disappoint. Guess I'll find out in a few weeks:

imagejpg1_zpsfc99b2d4.jpg

I'm hoping they recreate the bit from the fantastic shed show where little Frank forms a supergroup with Mark Radcliffe and Keith Chegwin wets Frank's chair haha

I watched hot rod earlier.

Stupid film, but quite childishly funny. Andy Samberg is funny.

Babe! Wait! Babe wait! Baaaaaabe! Babe! Wait babe wait! Wait babe no! Baaaaaabe!

I like Andy Samburg and I'm a big Lonely Island fan but I was a little disappointed in Hot Rod with exception to Will Arnett.

Ah, CGI Pocahontas with ridiculously bright colours, unnecessary 3D and bad acting.

Still the best action director working today, nobody touches Cameron for action scenes. Its just the other guff before..

Agree 100%

aliensCOCKIT.gif

Saw Four Lions yesterday. 

Kinda weird, but it's both hilarious and quite dark. Took me a couple of minutes to get used to the accents, but once I did, I really enjoyed it.

A7LTVdOCAAADwkX.jpg

• Like 1

Watching this at the moment.  Pretty good so far.

I thought this was a truly awful film. Everything about it was horrible. 

I loved the scene when...

At the end when the main character takes the girl for a drive, she then wakes up next to her place of work, all dressed up ready to go to work. When did she get changed?

Saw Four Lions yesterday. 

Kinda weird, but it's both hilarious and quite dark. Took me a couple of minutes to get used to the accents, but once I did, I really enjoyed it.

Great film. One of the best British comedies ever imo. I'm not the first to say it, and I won't be the last, but Chris Morris is a genius.

• Like 4

Watched The Dictator for the first time last night. Bloody funny IMO.

Hmmm, I thought it was pretty damn awful to be honest. Easily Sacha Baron Cohen's worst film (and that includes the Ali G movie).

Watched The Wolf of Wall Street last night and was pleasantly surprised. Relentlessly paced flick. Dragged on in a couple of spots (typical Scorcese), but was really good. DiCaprio is a brilliant actor, it must be said. 8/10.

Edited by maqroll

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â