The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Off to see Spider Pig 2 tonight  .... nearly 2 1/2 hours long :o  ..there'd better be some boobies on view or I'm gonna be mighty angry 

There'll be a big tit in the audience anyway.

>>>>>>>>> I've left myself open for the comeback would be - "Why, are you coming watch it too, 8pints?"

i-am-a-little-upset-7.jpg

Don't be upset, look at the bolded bit.

yeah I saw that but I didn't want to stoop to your level :P

• Like 1

I just remembered a movie I loved back in the day but had completely forgot about it until today.

"The Adventures of Baron Munchausen", a Terry Gilliam flick.

It's kind of like a Dali painting in moving pictures. Fantastic when I saw it in the 80's. Gonna have to search for it and give a view again to see if it holds up.

• Like 3

Well Spider-Man sucked

Bored of all these super hero films now ...all far to meh for my liking

I don't really "get" them

They are kinda all the same. But the superhero and the villain just where different costumes. 

Well Spider-Man sucked

They are kinda all the same. But the superhero and the villain just where different costumes. 

yeah , the villains have far more awesome powers and yet somehow the good guys always prevail , whilst wise cracking their way to victory, true it would kill the franchise if Spider-man got taken out by rolledupnewspaper man but as I say the problem is as a result the films have juts become boring .

my problem with Spiderman was scenes like the little boy near the end  ... If I wasn't so lazy I would have walked out at that point  ... it had too many cringe worthy moments like that to make it even remotely enjoyable

Some superhero films are fine, some are really awfull. Probably what most thinks about the last one I watched:

Wolverine (The last one) Found it entertaining and I've always like that character. A lot better than the first one and rather entertaining. I think I'll give it 6/10.

Well Spider-Man sucked

yeah , the villains have far more awesome powers and yet somehow the good guys always prevail , whilst wise cracking their way to victory, true it would kill the franchise if Spider-man got taken out by rolledupnewspaper man but as I say the problem is as a result the films have juts become boring .

my problem with Spiderman was scenes like the little boy near the end ... If I wasn't so lazy I would have walked out at that point ... it had too many cringe worthy moments like that to make it even remotely enjoyable

Sounds exactly like the last lot with Tobey Macguire. If you're going to reboot a series so soon after the last one at least make it different. Sounds like a waste of time to me.

One or two superhero films are fine, most are really awfull.

Fixed!

As for the new Spiderman, even if it was the greatest movie ever made I probably still wouldn't see it out of principle after Spiderman 3.

I know it's been rebooted since then or whatever and it's all different people. I don't care. Everybody involved in that movie should be drowned.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Rambo First Blood (1982) I watched this for the first in over twenty years last night. I enjoyed it just as much. In my opinion, the Rambo films were brilliant 

The Rambo series is like the Rocky series imo.

Both have strong, credible opening films which spawned ridiculous overblown parody sequels.  I hasten to add that the sequels are also very enjoyable.

I watched the opening credits to the Edward Norton Hulk movie. Even the opening credits part of the movie was so awful, I just shut it off. Was the rest of the movie total garbage?

Edited by maqroll

I watched the opening credits to the Edward Norton Hulk movie. Even the opening credits part of the movie was so awful, I just shut it off. Was the rest of the movie total garbage?

yes , for arguably the greatest actor of this generation , he does have a lot of turkeys on his CV

I hate the phrase 'reboot'. It should be changed to 'we're milking the franchise even more by starting again with different actors'

• Like 1

yes , for arguably the greatest actor of this generation , he does have a lot of turkeys on his CV

Agree with that, he's so versatile. Shame he has never won an oscar. Daniel Day Lewis has won three but I rate Norton as the better actor. Mind you perhaps the greatest actor of all time Sir Laurence Oilivier never won an oscar so proves nothing.

Spiderman 2: 6.5/10 - not bad at all really. Not seen the Garfield spiderman before and he's much better than Maguire. Some very silly and laughable old cliches ( Dr. Kafka the evil scientist :lol: ) and the guy who plays Harry was annoying, but decent fare for the genre. Quite dark too, relatively speaking.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â