The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I watched Joe too, and liked it. Not for everybody though.

Just finished The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. Had no expectations and it took me a bit by surprise... thought it was very good.

Another +1 for Nebraska. Really, really excellent film.

Also watched Philomena and Saving Mr Banks recently. Both similarly recommended. Tonight's viewing is La Vie En Rose.

Saw Spider-Man 2 tonight. I know it's essentially a kids movie and I know it will no doubt make a lot of money but it really is piss poor.

Electro was very badly done. Before he transformed he was essentially Dwayne Dibbley from red dwarf. There were an awful lot of plot holes and generally just stupid occurrences and cliches all over the shop.

For me it was Batman and Robin bad.

Watched Rushmore last night. Didn't really enjoy it and ended up turning it odd with about half the film left to go, something I usually never do, although I fully accept I wasn't really in the mood for it.

What's the consensus on it in general? Should I give it a second chance?

If you got that far in and didn't like it, I'd suggest it's not for you. I loved it though and will probably give it another watch now that you've reminded me of it.

• Like 1

Watched Kid Cannabis yesterday really enjoyed it actually.

Reminded me quite a lot of Alpha Dog mixed with Knocked Up.

Its quite frivolous with details and the plot often jumps forward without any explanation but if you take it on face value its quite an enjoyable watch.

7/10

Can anyone recommend a decent film (probably a CGI one) for a 2 year old and a bunch of kids similar age. She has sat through (mostly) films like Bee Movie, Finding Nemo etc and quite enjoyed them. Was going to get Frozen but she's watching that next week instead. Lego movie isn't out yet unfortunately ....

I was thinking maybe 'Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs' or 'Free Birds' perhaps?

Any of the Ice Ages should entertain a kid of that age. Many of the recent Pixar and Disney offerings might be a bit too much though. Cloudy is excellent but might be a bit too much "peril" for a two yr old.

Watched this is the end last week, wasn't expecting much but actually really enjoyed it. Very silly but made me laugh lots.

Saw it for the first time about a fortnight ago and must have watched it in part at least another 8 times, it appeals to my sense of humour admittedly (being a not-too-infrequent smoker of certain natural things) but I found it hilarious.

Craig Robinson is brilliant in it, as is Danny McBride.

The bit with Craig / Aziz and the hole is funny as fook

Can anyone recommend a decent film (probably a CGI one) for a 2 year old and a bunch of kids similar age. She has sat through (mostly) films like Bee Movie, Finding Nemo etc and quite enjoyed them. Was going to get Frozen but she's watching that next week instead. Lego movie isn't out yet unfortunately ....

I was thinking maybe 'Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs' or 'Free Birds' perhaps?

What about Disneys Robin Hood or Aladdin.....absolutely classics (and enjoyable for an adult too, bonus!)

Bolt

Watched Kid Cannabis yesterday really enjoyed it actually.

Reminded me quite a lot of Alpha Dog mixed with Knocked Up.

Its quite frivolous with details and the plot often jumps forward without any explanation but if you take it on face value its quite an enjoyable watch.

7/10

Seconded! Very enjoyable for what it is.

Thanks for the suggestions chaps. She's seen some/most of the Ice Age ones I think. Cloudy would be good and have more in it for adults too, but is probably a bit advanced on reflection. Despicable me she gets a bit scared of at times, mainly due to the 'dog'!

She's seen tangled, and quite likes that.

Having just googled Bolt, I think that could be a winner for her! :thumb:

Irreversible.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â