The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I've never seen Part III. I was more than happy with how II ended.

Keep it that way.

I'm interested in watching it completely independent of the other two films. I've not watched those in years, I've not had a day to dedicate to them!

If it's a 7/10 as a stand alone then surely worth a go?

I've never seen Part III. I was more than happy with how II ended.

Keep it that way.

I'm interested in watching it completely independent of the other two films. I've not watched those in years, I've not had a day to dedicate to them!

If it's a 7/10 as a stand alone then surely worth a go?

It's not a terrible movie.

But as I said on the previous page, because Coppola made it purely for monetary reasons and because Paramount then **** him over on the length of time he was allowed to write the script, it is (a few great scenes aside) a bit of an uneven mess with some of the worst acting ever committed to film in the shape of Sofia Coppolas 'performance'.

I see The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas is on tonight. Heard good things, but I'm not sure what my emotional state will be like after watching. 

good performance by David Thewlis. I felt mixed emotions at the end really. Won't tell you in case you don't know how it ended.

• Like 1

The Godfather II is probably my favourite, masterpiece IMO

Part II used to be my favourite too, but I watched the trilogy for something like the fifth time a year ago and I think I now prefer the first film. I just think it's a tighter story and I appreciate that more nowadays. Part II is more expansive, and that's great in some ways, but I suppose I just prefer a tighter story for some reason.

They're both bloody brilliant though. It's a shame Part III ends the trilogy on a bit of a whimper.

Yeah I definitely understand where you're coming from about the first film, to be honest I love both the first and the second (and as others have said, the third is a decent movie but doesn't touch the first two).

This is still the best thing on my movie shelving unit:

10634312-1349368890-104920.png

• Like 3

I see The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas is on tonight. Heard good things, but I'm not sure what my emotional state will be like after watching. 

good performance by David Thewlis. I felt mixed emotions at the end really. Won't tell you in case you don't know how it ended.

Hmmm, must say I thought it wasn't the best of films. Thought some of the acting was a bit shoddy, especially the two young lads. Decent ending though, although obvious what was going to happen with about 15 mins to go. 

Hmmm, must say I thought it wasn't the best of films. Thought some of the acting was a bit shoddy, especially the two young lads. Decent ending though, although obvious what was going to happen with about 15 mins to go. 

I agree its not the best of films. I watched it once and wouldn't watch it again. The only thing that stands out is the ending. and your immediate reaction is what a tragedy but then another side of you thinks it serves them right.

I agree its not the best of films. I watched it once and wouldn't watch it again. The only thing that stands out is the ending. and your immediate reaction is what a tragedy but then another side of you thinks it serves them right.

There isn't a single part of me that thinks it serves them right that they were gassed. Honestly

There isn't a single part of me that thinks it serves them right that they were gassed. Honestly

ok not the boy but the dad

Went to see this last night and there was a one man protest giving out leaflets. Anyone expecting this to be a biblical epic will be sadly disappointed. Stone monsters and Noah an expert in the marshall arts beating the crap out of everyone but Ray Winstone is not going to please those with a religious persuasion hence the protest. Very poor Lord of The Rings and thats about it. Save your  money for something better.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â